Oregon Is Freaking Out About...

Started by OJsDad, January 03, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: airboy on January 05, 2018, 11:43:50 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2018, 11:00:26 AM
When I was a kid, and mini-skirts were in fashion, we used to go to the Gas Stations and volunteer to run-out and pump the girls gas for them. And clean their windshields. While they sat in their front seats. In their mini-skirts.  :D   Trouble was we fogged-up the windshields as quick as we cleaned them. We were all about service back then.

Girls were wearing miniskirts in the 1920s when you were a kid?

1920s?!?  ;D

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 05, 2018, 11:00:26 AM
Trouble was we fogged-up the windshields as quick as we cleaned them. We were all about service back then.

And it was that kind of service ,that got you in the front seat of their car ,fogging up their windshields , eh sir slash  ^-^ that's why they called it the roaring 20s then  ;)

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Sir Slash

This was the Roaring 60's. Thought the 20's were fun too. That Capone could limbo like a Mother.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

Ha! Family legend says I may well have some Pretty Boy Floyd blood in me. Grandma M hung out with him and well....he was considered quite the ladies man.

Emeraldlis

That's a cool family legend to have  8) I've just got that movie the untouchables running through my head now . Wasn't that the same era as Capone and Floyd ? Elliot Ness was the guy who brought Capone in , for tax evasion in the end I think ! Interesting times though , bootlegging booze , gin joints , and dodgy looking violin cases !!!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog