Oregon Is Freaking Out About...

Started by OJsDad, January 03, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

So, does this mean if they buy an electric vehicle, that they'll need someone else to plug it in for them. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Pinetree

Man, I saw the title of the thread and immediately thought that OL were finally realising their deluxe clippers are flawed....
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Sir Slash

Next thing you know, they'll expect people to mow their own grass, check themselves out at Wal-Mart and scoop their own dog's poop.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

"You have died of dysentery from pumping your own gas."

"You have died of carbon monoxide poisoning from pumping your own gas."

"You have died of spontaneous combustion from pumping your own gas."

"You have died of boredom from pumping your own gas."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

what's funny is watching the social media reactions trickling in...

QuotePatrick Balogh Helpless Libs

QuoteRobert Winstead OMG! Really? Typical for liberals.

QuoteRobert Winstead Brandon Velez Oregon is a Democratic liberal state so it is no wonder they are freaking out about doing something for themselves.

yeah....

http://wncn.com/2018/01/04/oregonians-come-to-terms-with-pumping-their-own-gas/

QuoteThe law applies to most of eastern Oregon and many western counties including Clatsop, Tillamook and Curry. Folks in Hood River didn't seem too intimidated by the change.

"I think it'll be a bit of a struggle for a while," Hood River gas station attendant Dakota Browning told KOIN 6 News. "I think Oregonians are just going to have to get used to it eventually."

At her station, an attendant will still be around to help those who may not know the way.

"I just [have] to learn how to because I've never done it before," Shaylynn Hase of Hood River said. "I'm going to ask the worker to help me."

Self-service will also be allowed between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.

Hmmmm.... take a look at the map of Oregon.  See all those very RED counties in the east?  Yeah, there the ones that all went 70-30 or more for Trump...

what a bunch of mooks...

I hate stupid people
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

There is a petrol station in town near me that has an attendant for filling up the car . When I use that petrol station , I always feel awkward that the guy is filling up my car for me . First of all I'm very capable of doing that job .Also I never know what to do , stay in the car until he's finished and appear rude , or , get out of the car and try to talk to the guy ...who I don't know , so I never quite know what to say ! Or ...go and stand near the office and wait to pay him , but that always makes me feel like I'm maybe insulting the guy .....it's a dilemma ! (I usually get out of the car, and talk to the guy ,for the sake of being polite and thankful that someone is doing a job for me )

I would just much sooner fill my own petrol tank , and have none of those 'petrol attendant forecourt anxieties '  ;D The only plus thing I can see , is that the guy has a job , and I'd feel bad if he lost it . So , I guess I'll just carry on using that petrol station when I need to . And go through my ritual anxiety/panic as I pull up onto the forecourt !

It looks as if Oragon has none of those anxieties !
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 04, 2018, 04:25:54 PM

Snip

Almost any online debate - no matter what the issue - seems to instantly blame Obama, Trump, Hillary, libtards, MAGA, or some other political group with no basis whatsoever.

What's sad is that people believe it, or they buy into it.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 04, 2018, 05:36:28 PM
Also I never know what to do , stay in the car until he's finished and appear rude , or , get out of the car and try to talk to the guy ...

Growing up, there were attendants pumping gas.  Whoever was driving would roll down the window, tell the attendant how much of which grade of gasoline and then pay the person when they were done.  A lot of times, the attendant would check your oil.  At the very least, they would wash your windows for you.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

Brant - the entire State Government is controlled by the Dems.  The less populous counties (the ones who voted for Trump) wanted to pump their own gas.  Those in the stupid leftist enclaves (the big cities) want to have other people pump their gas by law.

So if the law works according to any normal microeconomics would suggest, the blue part of Oregon will pay a ton for gas because they are stupid people.  The conservatives will pay less for gas, if they are willing to pump it for themselves.

Oregon is having a slight degree of Federalism at the county level.

bayonetbrant

that has -zero- to do with my point.

my point was that everyone was assuming it was a bunch of lazy snowflake liberals who had no idea how to pump their own gas

except that in all the counties overrun with those lazy snowflake liberals, the law is still in place

the counties where people are going to have to start pumping their own (despite not knowing how) are overwhelmingly red counties, which completely demolished the asshat commentary about lazy snowflake liberals not knowing how to pump their own gas
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

So all of the people in the red counties don't know how and are complaining?  I'm a bit obtuse.  Could you point out to me where each complainer signed off from the place they lived?  Cuz that would make your assertion bulletproof. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

this may be the stupidest argument in the history of this forum.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on January 04, 2018, 09:49:13 PM
So all of the people in the red counties don't know how and are complaining?  I'm a bit obtuse.  Could you point out to me where each complainer signed off from the place they lived?  Cuz that would make your assertion bulletproof. 

no, the people making jokes about Oregon seem to be a bunch of right-wing Trumpeters who making fun of lefty snowflakes.

the reality is that the places in Oregon where they're allowing self-serve are the red counties full of Trumpsters