History's Knightfall starting December 6th

Started by WallysWorld, October 22, 2017, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Knightfall takes viewers inside the medieval politics and warfare of the Knights Templar, the most powerful, wealthy and mysterious military order of the Middle Ages who were entrusted with protecting Christianity's most precious relics.

Knightfall begins after the fall of the city of Acre, the Templar's last stronghold in the Holy Land, where the Holy Grail is lost. Years later, a clue emerges suggesting the whereabouts of the Grail and sends the Templars, led by the noble, courageous and headstrong Templar Knight Landry (Tom Cullen, Downton Abbey, Gunpowder), on a life-or-death mission to find the lost Cup of Christ. From their battles in the Holy Land, to their clash with the King of France, to the dark events leading to the demise of the Templar Order on Friday the 13th, 1307 – a date which became synonymous with bad luck – the story of the Knights Templar has never been fully told until now. Focusing on themes such as belief, sacrifice, politics, love, power and revenge – Knightfall goes deep into the clandestine world of this legendary brotherhood of warrior monks to find out who these knights were, how they lived, and what they died believing.

Knightfall trailer #2
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

WallysWorld

No one else looking forward or interested in this? The trailers look good.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

I didn't even know this existed until just now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yeah, I'm down for this one. Hope the PC crowd doesn't kill it or turn it into 'social justice' rant.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Knights of the Loyal Order of Stopping Sexual Harassment. Lead by the Grand Master, Sir Recycle-a lot.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Emeraldlis

This sounds really interesting , I'm definitely going to check this out and give it a watch . I've done some reading in the past on the crusades and this period in history , and I've always found it fascinating. I really want to see how they put this across on the screen . Hopefully they don't mangle the history to much  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

First episode last night. So far, like my 401K, good but not great. I'll be back because I am easily entertained and I like men wearing long, red & white gowns.

WallysWorld

Good enough to keep me watching for another episode. The Siege of Acre part was pretty good.

Gusington

It was ok...kind of generic and didn't really grab me the way Vikings does. Then again, Vikings took a while to grow on me.

BTW last night's Vikings was awesome.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I'm about to wrap up season 3 of Game of Thrones. No way it's better than that.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on December 07, 2017, 06:15:38 PM
It was ok...kind of generic and didn't really grab me the way Vikings does.

Did the Vikings grab you in your special place?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus