Greetings from The Wargamer!

Started by HoodedHorseJoe, November 21, 2016, 05:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoodedHorseJoe

Hello everyone,

My name is Joe, I'm Editor-in-Chief of The Wargamer. Been there for nearly six months now... thought I'd reach out to the other wargaming communities out there just to say hello. Maybe you're a current reader, maybe you're an old reader, but just want to say that we're back in business and back on form (I hope).

I'll be hanging out here and our own forums where I can, and I'll try and contribute to the community where possible. Does anyone know what the etiquette is on sharing links etc...? Would love to post our content here in relevant topics but if that's not allowed then it's not a problem.

If you have any questions for me my email is in my profile, or feel free to ask me here. Happy gaming!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

undercovergeek

All those new emoticons and not one eating popcorn

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2016, 06:00:39 AM
All those new emoticons and not one eating popcorn

Because that's not ominous at all :D
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Staggerwing

Hey Joe, whadda ya know!

TBH, I have not gone to the WG site since they broke my forums account a few years ago. Can't access my PMs or post under my account name. I don't suppose you can fix it?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Greets, Joe!  Glad you found us!  Have a look around and get comfortable.  Hope you like what you see.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 21, 2016, 06:53:43 AM
Hey Joe, whadda ya know!

TBH, I have not gone to the WG site since they broke my forums account a few years ago. Can't access my PMs or post under my account name. I don't suppose you can fix it?

What was your forum name? I can look into it but from what I understand, a lot of things kind of broke when they merged/migrated forums to what have now after the acquisition of Pocket Tactics. I'll try and do what I can, at least allow you to post under your own name again.

Sorry for your troubles though!
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

Staggerwing

Joe,
Same name as here, Staggerwing. Thx
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 21, 2016, 07:55:43 AM
Joe,
Same name as here, Staggerwing. Thx

Well, I've found you. If you email me joer [at] wargamer [dot] com we can talk about your account.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

bob48

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2016, 07:05:07 AM
Greets, Joe!  Glad you found us!  Have a look around and get comfortable.  Hope you like what you see.

What MD said and welcome.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

Hi,  Joe, welcome to Grogheads!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Hi Joe and welcome to Grogheads. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Welcome Joe. I check-in at the Wargamer every so often. Great that we can all share our passions.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Welcome to Grogheads, Joe. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd