Cost Effective HPS Civil War Games?

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 12, 2016, 01:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Just curious if anyone is aware of anybody selling cost effective versions (used is fine) of the Civil War Campaign games from HPS....not really looking to break the bank for them and most of the ones listed on eBay are higher value then I would likely get out of them.  Any other places selling that people are aware?

Primarily looking for the following...

Chickamauga
Gettysburg
Chancellorsville
Franklin
Vicksburg
Antietam
Atlanta
Peninsula

Boggit

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2016, 01:48:18 PM
Just curious if anyone is aware of anybody selling cost effective versions (used is fine) of the Civil War Campaign games from HPS....not really looking to break the bank for them and most of the ones listed on eBay are higher value then I would likely get out of them.  Any other places selling that people are aware?

Chickamauga
Gettysburg
Chancellorsville
Franklin
Vicksburg
Antietam
Atlanta
Peninsula
NWS and Duchet (in the UK) immediately spring to mind as reliable distributors. I think Chris @NWS sometimes gets used copies IIRC.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Boggit on July 12, 2016, 02:17:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 12, 2016, 01:48:18 PM

Chickamauga
Gettysburg
Chancellorsville
Franklin
Vicksburg
Antietam
Atlanta
Peninsula
NWS and Duchet (in the UK) immediately spring to mind as reliable distributors. I think Chris @NWS sometimes gets used copies IIRC.

I looked at his site, but did not appear to sell them there anymore...I believe he is now selling through eBay, which are around $40.....which is the same as being sold through Tiller's store...was hoping to get a bit cheaper:)

nelmsm

Keep an eye on Ebay.  Every once in a while they clean out inventory and HPS posts them for $20 or best offer, usually multiple copies of each game. If I remember right I got Jutland for $15 back in January or February.

bbmike

Noble Knight Games also has them for $40. A great site, I've bought hard to find RPGs from them in the past.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak