Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 23, 2015, 08:29:18 PM
Stellaris Releases February 16, 2016

says the ign piece

Hold me

sandman2575

Not to be the Negative Nellie (...OK, to be the Negative Nellie), but I'll be pretty astounded if Stellaris is actually released in 2 months from now.  My bet would be more like Q3 2016.

Just recall, Hearts of Iron IV was originally slated for release in spring of 2015. Pdox have yet to announce a revised release date, having missed that target by many months now...

Huw the Poo

la la la can't hear you la la la

Anguille

I am really looking forward to this game but am cautious at the same time. It looks great but my experience shows me that it's really when i actually play a game that i will know for sure if i am really going to enjoy it.

bbmike

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 23, 2015, 08:50:20 PM
Not to be the Negative Nellie (...OK, to be the Negative Nellie), but I'll be pretty astounded if Stellaris is actually released in 2 months from now.  My bet would be more like Q3 2016.

Just recall, Hearts of Iron IV was originally slated for release in spring of 2015. Pdox have yet to announce a revised release date, having missed that target by many months now...

Hearts of Iron IV....what was that one about?  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Kushan

To be fair to Paradox, they did delay HoI IV so they could redesign large portions of the game after the press event earlier this year. The old Paradox just would have released it when it was good enough.

I'll be surprised if its released Q1 as well. As excited as I am for it, I want them to do it right and not rush it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

Yeah, I'll admit I'm rather skeptical about a February release date myself.  I'll have no problem if that turns out to be true, though.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

According to people on the forum the Feb release date has been denied by Paradox.  :'(

Surely by the summer though?

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on December 24, 2015, 09:26:41 AM

To be fair to Paradox, they did delay HoI IV so they could redesign large portions of the game after the press event earlier this year. The old Paradox just would have released it when it was good enough.

Yes indeed.

I'm so happy they made the change in QA direction a few years ago.  A complete turnaround.  It also resulted in well-deserved commercial success with their ensuing big titles. 

If the Pdox management didn't think the new HOI was up to snuff, and needed more time being redesigned, then you can bet we surely wouldn't have been happy it in the earlier format.   Same for Stellaris or any other.

Martok

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 24, 2015, 01:59:25 PM
According to people on the forum the Feb release date has been denied by Paradox.  :'(

Surely by the summer though?
I dunno, Huw.  I genuinely hate to be a pessimist (especially with Stellaris), but these days, it seems like when Paradox delays the release of a game, it's usually by a good six months or so. 

Given that, I'd guess a Q3 release is more likely.  Again, however, I'd love to be wrong! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

You guys are killing me!!!

sandman2575

And again in fairness to Pdox, they acknowldged that they botched the announcement for HoI4 (first announced in Jan. 2014!) and said they won't announce new titles going forward until it's in or near Beta.

Kind of killing me that they still haven't announced a launch date for HoI4 - my hope is Q2 2016. This is my single most anticipated game of the new year.

Stellaris is up there on my "can't wait" list too, but I really think we're looking at later in 2016...

Huw the Poo

Well, according to PC Gamer, Stellaris is "nearly complete".

Grim.Reaper

I wonder what their definition of "near complete" is :)

......near completion to be released to testers?  Early access?  Or almost ready to be made available for purchase?

Kushan

Really liked what I saw in today's Administrative Sectors dev diary.

The Vassals, Colonial colonies concept obviously isn't new for paradox but its the first time I can remember seeing it done in a space 4x. I love how races and like minded pops will migrate to specific regions.

In a future DLC I think I'd like to see them expand the system out to where if you had a large empire with high corruption, then your sector governors could potentially start trying to set themselves up as their own empire.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play