War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 10, 2018, 11:49:59 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on April 09, 2018, 09:17:49 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 08, 2018, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: jomni on April 07, 2018, 01:20:27 PM
I've been playing this for the past two days. I do better in a tank than a Plane.  Matchmaking in realistic takes longer and I don't like to wait.

If you don't like crazy antics, there's always PVE.

I like crazy antics.  I do much better in tanks than in planes, but in realistic battles, if I get enough SP, I take up Devastator 4 and drop 12 100 lb bombs on somebody:

I've had a love for the TBD ever since I was a kid reading about VT-8's death ride at Midway.

I always check on it in games that have some way to get to it.  The TBD in War Thunder is a pretty good Tier I bomber.  I've had more success with it than with the B-34 (which is the Hudson I think).

And a P-40E1:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Halifax and Lancaster bombers were my favourites to play.  Lanc suffered badly in a patch where they significantly dialled down manoeuvrability and raised its BR rating so that it usually ended up flying against jets.

Nefaro

I really did enjoy flying in Realistic Battles mode.

It was a nice mix of arcade-ish mouse & keyboard controls, but still having somewhat relevant flight physics.  Unlike Arcade Mode which qualifies as ludicrous physics. 

Flying RB meant I didn't have to bust out all my peripherals, and put a bunch of crap on my head, but could still get a Sim-Lite experience using the mouse.  It was a nice middle ground of convenience.

Unfortunately, RB mode gives crap rewards for all the time it takes.  I suppose that's why the queue times have become so damn long now.  :tickedoff:

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on April 10, 2018, 03:13:02 PM

It was a nice mix of arcade-ish mouse & keyboard controls, but still having somewhat relevant flight physics.  Unlike Arcade Mode which qualifies as ludicrous physics. 

Flying RB meant I didn't have to bust out all my peripherals, and put a bunch of crap on my head, but could still get a Sim-Lite experience using the mouse.  It was a nice middle ground of convenience.

Unfortunately, RB mode gives crap rewards for all the time it takes.  I suppose that's why the queue times have become so damn long now.  :tickedoff:

LOL with "put a bunch of crap on my head"  :2funny:

MengJiao

It is a nice sim-lite.  RB wait times (for the tank + plane battles anyway) are about in the Heroes and Generals range 30 seconds to 2 minutes at prime time EDT (say 9pm to midnight).  I only fly the planes as an end-0f-match treat usually.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on April 10, 2018, 06:43:34 PM

Headsets, mics, hats with TrackIR clip, OH MY!    :))

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on April 11, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: Tuna on April 10, 2018, 06:43:34 PM

Headsets, mics, hats with TrackIR clip, OH MY!    :))

I told you about the time, I went to pick up my kid, but forgot to take my hat with the clip off right? .. lol.. good thing it was dark, and good thing I didn't get pulled over!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on April 11, 2018, 06:21:18 PM

I told you about the time, I went to pick up my kid, but forgot to take my hat with the clip off right? .. lol.. good thing it was dark, and good thing I didn't get pulled over!

hahaaa!  HAHAAAAAHAA!!   :DD

I don't remember you telling me that.

Officer would be like, "what's that shit on your head?"

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on April 11, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

Seriously Oscifer, I haven't been drinking!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on April 11, 2018, 06:34:19 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 11, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

Seriously Oscifer, I haven't been drinking!

".. pleash don't check for bodies in the trunk."

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 11, 2018, 04:51:43 PM
Quote from: jomni on April 10, 2018, 09:26:16 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 10, 2018, 09:10:35 PM
Anyone played in VR?

I don't have equipment

I got nothin

But another P40E1 (in the colors of RAF Squadron 3 -- which introduced the P40 {as the P40B, I think) to combat with a straffing run against the Luftwaffe at Palmyra, Syria in June 1941):

jomni

I'm really digging the Archer.  It's awkward configuration needs getting used to but it's good that the tank can escape really fast.  The gun is very powerful and accurate.  The downside is it is very difficult and slow to get into a nice firing position, so a lot pre-planning and patience is needed.