Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forum-Based Games / Re: Latin Era GROGPUBLIC game thread
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 05:11:36 PM »
That's another Random Event! -- which means the Republic will not enter the Italian Era this Turn (unless there are extra rounds perhaps).

Rolling again for the specific result...

Rolled 3d6 : 1, 6, 2, total 9
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 05:10:04 PM »
Yep-I'll be going after a 5th knight with Manlilus' gold, so it should be an automatic.

The knight is indeed automatically added as the minion of Manlius, but he and Julius only had 1 each. (Which is why each of them, as Militarist, had a +1 to their Mil scores.) Some of your persuasion rolls on prior Turns failed.

Manly has 2 knights now, Julius has 1. Manny's Mil score goes up to 7 -- so he could make full use of all 7 possible Legions! The Vote tally for the Militarists goes up to 8.

Votes for extra rounds this Turn are +1 and -1 (with at least 1 vote pending when we get there.)

The Frog's Plutocrats are up next, and roll...

Rolled 2d6 : 6, 1, total 7
« Last post by Tripoli on Today at 04:49:03 PM »
Yep-I'll be going after a 5th knight with Manlilus' gold, so it should be an automatic. No change on faction leader.  I'm in favor of an 8th round
« Last post by malize on Today at 04:05:22 PM »
Populists:

Aurelius spends 5 for a Knight
No leader change
Nay on extra rounds
Role-Playing & Adventure Gaming / Re: RPG Sales & Discounts
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 03:26:33 PM »
Thought I was bad.  Brant takes the gold.   O0

I have fully admitted my pack-rat-ness :)

To be fair, a bunch of those are sort of one-shot kind of games, like ones that were complete games, but in magazines (Where Fools Dare to Tread, Battle Born, Arabian Sea Tales, etc), and there's a bunch for which almost no follow-on products ever materialized (Swordbearer, Forbidden Kingdoms, Sovereign Stone). 

But there's also a lot of under-rated gems in there, like Duel, TWERPS, Spycraft, and Crimson Cutlass.
Oh, and World of Esæne ;D
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:36:45 PM »

Wow!!  :o I'm kind of afraid to ask how y'all are inspiring such enthusiasm from Rome's local allies! That'll be another 25 Talents to the Republic Treasury next turn. (For a total of 100 in the game so far!  :o )

Tripoli, do you want Manlius to sacrifice his 5 Talents for an automatic knight? And do you want to keep or change your Faction Leader? Also, do you have a current vote on playing a 7th and 8th round this Turn?
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:31:38 PM »
7 is a random event, so another 3d6...

Rolled 3d6 : 3, 5, 5, total 13
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:30:52 PM »
Cinc sacrifices 5 Talents to gain a knight (his first, a little surprisingly!); Normal Vote Tally goes up to 10. I will remind everyone later, that with Camilus of the Conservatives away from Rome, the Aristocrats have the highest total Influence at 28, and so their knights will vote x2 on all topics pro or con! -- so in effect I.I. has 13 votes for now, which will definitely hold through any Mandatory Business in the Senate Phase.

Current votes on 2 extra rounds are 0 to -1.

4 Scenarios remaining in the Latin Era.

Next up, Tripoli's Militarists, roll...

Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7
« Last post by JasonPratt on Today at 01:19:08 PM »
It's not a 7, so it's a Scenario draw. There are 5 Scenarios remaining in the Latin Era, and now 4 after the draw.

The Aristocrats draw a Faction card, which I.I. adds to his empty hand. I've sent him a Pmail already about what he drew, and whether/when he can play it.

I'll implement your knight pronto.

As far as other Players making plans go: you already know I won't be drawing more family Senators this Era (because I had to go into the Italian Era for a Senator to create the Progressive Faction with), so the only senators available for Persuasion are already assigned to the Players. The most vulnerable right now are Erax's two, who each have a Loyalty of 6 plus 2 Talents personal treasury, thus -8, minus another 7 for being in a Faction already, equals -15. A few other senators on the board have -16 and -17 ratings; and some senators have enough Influence + Oratory + personal cash to possibly but improbably persuade them to join your Factions instead. It would be a super-dickish move to snipe senators from the new players, however! -- but if you're curious about other players, drop me a question by p-mail.

No senator after income distribution this Turn, has enough personal cash to finance even first-level Games; and if you did, you'd only pick up 1 Popularity point (since there's no unrest).

Consequently, the main two choices this Turn for each Player will be as usual: who do you want to try for a knight (if anyone), and do you want to keep or change your Faction Leader?
« Last post by IncompetentIdiot on Today at 01:16:15 PM »
Cornelius will take a knight with 5 cash.

I'll vote against for the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10