Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
He means all direct emails between players will stop, unless you're in a proximity judged instantaneous by the umpire.

Communications can still go on but they have to be sent by courier, i.e. to the umpire for him to pass along (and track on the map).
Wargaming / Re: 1985: Under an Iron Sky
« Last post by Crossroads on Today at 12:28:50 PM »
ATTENTION  TO ORDERS!!

Player briefs have been sent! We'll no spend about a week allowing both sides to communicate and plan, and let me know their initial dispositions. Game time will then start and all communications between players will stop.

Bon chance!/Viel Glück!
WE HAVE HAD A SUBSTITUTION!!

In the interest of letting as many folks play as possible, Doug has stepped aside to let Treb on in!

All, please welcome him.

B_C:  What they said.  As I said in the in-brief, in some ways, it's a lot easier to do than describe...

WHAT?!? How am I supposed to unhorse the mighty panzerde now? ??? ? No great Lannes death scene....  :tickedoff:

I know! I've even been practicing!

In the interest of letting as many folks play as possible, Doug has stepped aside to let Treb on in!

All, please welcome him.

B_C:  What they said.  As I said in the in-brief, in some ways, it's a lot easier to do than describe...

WHAT?!? How am I supposed to unhorse the mighty panzerde now????? No great Lannes death scene....  :tickedoff:

All, please welcome him.

I just don't want to peeve off the normies in this game that have done it before. My knowledge of Napoleonic tactics is limited, as is my knowledge of this very campaign (or any of them in this timeframe, to be honest).

The only thing it looks like my commander knows is his way around a croissant. I mean, look at all the chins. How glorious.

I felt this way at the start of the last one. The only thing you really need to worry about is getting your troops to the right place at the right time. Your division commanders know their stuff and will fight for you. Just support them by not wearing them out with frivolous marching to and fro OR throwing them into battles where they are grossly outnumbered.
Think I managed the first and not so well on the second.  :P

Very much this! Don't worry too much about not knowing. Everyone is operating in an information vacuum. These are learning games.

I just don't want to peeve off the normies in this game that have done it before. My knowledge of Napoleonic tactics is limited, as is my knowledge of this very campaign (or any of them in this timeframe, to be honest).

The only thing it looks like my commander knows is his way around a croissant. I mean, look at all the chins. How glorious.

I felt this way at the start of the last one. The only thing you really need to worry about is getting your troops to the right place at the right time. Your division commanders know their stuff and will fight for you. Just support them by not wearing them out with frivolous marching to and fro OR throwing them into battles where they are grossly outnumbered.
Think I managed the first and not so well on the second.  :P
My knowledge of Napoleonic tactics is limited

good thing it's an operational-level game :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10