Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: Empires Apart - Age of Empires Clone
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 06:50:37 AM »
I got excited that a single player campaign system was introduced...:/
Computer Wargaming / Re: The greatest space 4x to conquer them all
« Last post by SteveW on Today at 05:10:07 AM »
Hi Steve!
Thanks for Aurora! Its peeked my interest for several years now, but I just have to find the time to properly sit down with it some day.
Liked the Lets plays on YT from various people.
It also pointed me to StarFire 3rdR which I am trying to learn and make ready for forum play atm.

Third Edition Starfire is a great game. A small portion of the code in Aurora survives from an assistant program I created to play 3rdR. In fact, playing Starfire ultimately led to Aurora.
« Last post by SteveW on Today at 03:55:58 AM »
Hi Steve. Really looking forward to Aurora C#. Looked through the thread, but didn't see an answer to a question i have. Will the fighter UI be getting simplified? Personally I find managing large groups of fighters a little clunky and tedious the last time I played.

The new fleet window has a naval organisation tree. You can set the fighters as a sub-fleet and then detach/attach them as a group.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Clad in Iron: Sakhalin 1904 Naval Wargame
« Last post by totemgam on Today at 12:08:41 AM »
I’d buy any naval game that -when a ship fired its large main guns- looked somewhat like the battleship in the 11 second mark below. Sounds nit-picky but I want to feel like it’s a powerful gun. Most just have a ball of Orange that appears and then turns black...but it doesn’t “roll”

That was the selling point of Naval Action for me. It actually looks like a cannon firing

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-PrUYQew3xE

That's wonderful!
Computer Wargaming / Re: Empires Apart - Age of Empires Clone
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 09:31:26 PM »
They changed the model. Game is now free to play (just they Byzantines).  Other civs are DLC.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=88163
« Last post by Kushan on Yesterday at 09:24:19 PM »
Hi Steve. Really looking forward to Aurora C#. Looked through the thread, but didn't see an answer to a question i have. Will the fighter UI be getting simplified? Personally I find managing large groups of fighters a little clunky and tedious the last time I played.
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by jomni on Yesterday at 08:56:54 PM »
All this talk makes me want to install.  I’m concentrating on the F-15 and will fight all urge to learn other planes.
Computer Wargaming / Re: HA! I finished it!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Yesterday at 08:53:21 PM »
I managed to screw the Brittonian pooch in about 10 turns, my first campaign. Since then I restarted and am doing better but don't underestimate this game, it can Bitch-slap you outta nowhere.
Computer Wargaming / Re: DCS Discussion
« Last post by Toonces on Yesterday at 08:17:27 PM »
I've never even installed most of the modules I purchased.  I know I have the Mi-8 and Huey and I've never installed those.  I'd really like to learn the MiG-21...I think I logged about 20 minutes of flight time on that since I bought it a couple of years ago.   ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10