Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Wargaming / Re: What were the earliest video games you played?
« Last post by bob48 on Today at 09:21:03 AM »
I do indeed remember it - I still have the blisters!

And that was followed by Koronis Rift IIRC.
Any of you guys remember this?

Damn- procedural generated fractal mountains!? That's pretty hard-core for an 8-bit game from 1985!
Beer & Pretzels / Hof Makes Cooking Videos!
« Last post by Hofstadter on Today at 08:26:17 AM »
I'm not sure if you guys would be into this. But might as well link it in the appropriate sub forum.

Computer Wargaming / Re: Star Citizen
« Last post by Destraex on Today at 07:35:49 AM »
This guy is good but I think even he is a little confused about things. Especially when it comes to the way the original game was presented to customers as one game and later split into two products that are still components of each other really.
Apparently the movie 303 Squadron Battle for England\Hurricane just got released to a limited number of cinemas in England. I would love to see it. Here is hoping that it is less drama and more flying than the older movie about Czechs called "a Dark Blue World".
I would love to see it regardless. There is also a documentary released recently at select cinemas in England called Spitfire I hope to see at some point.
Current Events / IMPORTANT NOTICE
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 06:53:03 AM »
As many of you know, management has closed the RPFW forum until further notice. Please do not treat the Current Events forum as an alternative. The mods will be reviewing posts in this forum very closely. Inflammatory, heated, or divisive political or religious comments should be avoided.

Thanks.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Combat Mission status
« Last post by RyanE on Today at 06:48:37 AM »
That is not what I was told.  I was told that if I had to use the tool, which I have had to use 6-8 times because the license was stuck somewhere, I had to get a new activation because all of mine were used up.
Computer Wargaming / Re: What were the earliest video games you played?
« Last post by Oche on Today at 06:48:03 AM »
Good to see a lot of other "Retro" gamers  O0

« Last post by RyanE on Today at 06:44:14 AM »
I had a usb trigger an activation on CMBN.  There was a forum post in the early CMBN days of a usb headsey triggering an activation.  I had a RAM upgrade trigger an activation.  In all of these Steve admitted that the licensing system was overly sensitive.  New video cards also had triggered activations as well.  Steve explained it at the time that the licensing system took a snap shot of the systems config.  Any significant changes would trigger an activation.  Adding a piece of hardware in certain ways would trigger off the system.  For 5-6 years they were tweaking the DRM for all the potential licensing issues.  Only in the last couple of years has it seemed to have stabilized.  Bu, as I said, those were activations that were gone, never to return.

Again, just go through the forums around 2010 and see all the issues people had.
« Last post by Elvis on Today at 06:43:27 AM »
A big misconception is being repeated by RyanE. What he is referring to is when you need to use a "tool" to reset the license state of the game when there has been a major change with a computer.....using the tool [does not/i] luse/burn an activation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10