Main Menu

Into the Breach

Started by FC, February 10, 2017, 12:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC

A new turn based strategy game is coming from the makers of FTL called 'Into the Breach'. No Release date as of yet.

http://subsetgames.com/itb.html
http://store.steampowered.com/app/590380

The remnants of human civilization are threatened by gigantic creatures breeding beneath the earth. You must control powerful mechs from the future to hold off this alien threat. Each attempt to save the world presents a new randomly generated challenge in this turn-based strategy game.

Into the Breach
Defend the Cities: Civilian buildings power your mechs. Defend them from the Vek and watch your fire!

Perfect Your Strategy: All enemy attacks are telegraphed in minimalistic, turn-based combat. Analyze your opponent's attack and come up with the perfect counter every turn.

Build the Ultimate Mech: Find powerful new weapons and unique pilots as you battle the Vek infestation across Corporate-Nation islands.

Another Chance: Failure is not an option. When you are defeated, send help back through time to save another timeline!

FarAway Sooner

Looks like this game was released today.  Given the rave reviews that FTL got here, I'm curious that there's not been a peep about it here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

Anybody taken a look at it? 

Pete Dero

https://www.gog.com/game/into_the_breach

GOG : Buy Into the Breach until March 6th and get FTL: Advanced Edition for FREE!

Cyrano

I've not had a chance to try it yet, but FTL is "best in class" and I admire a developer that seems to know what it's good at.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Skwerl

I played a couple of hours last night.  It's entertaining, but it's a bit too puzzle-like for my tastes.  Imagine chess with Mechs and Kaijus. It's worth $15.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Skwerl on February 28, 2018, 09:46:30 AM

Imagine chess with Mechs and Kaijus.

Say this 3 times into the mirror and Jason Pratt and his mum appear wearing bondage gear

jamus34

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 28, 2018, 10:26:18 AM
Quote from: Skwerl on February 28, 2018, 09:46:30 AM

Imagine chess with Mechs and Kaijus.

Say this 3 times into the mirror and Jason Pratt and his mum appear wearing bondage gear

Funny thing is I was expecting this to be a Gus comment. Nice work UCG!
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

We try to reserve Gus for really special missions.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

jamus34

Quote from: mirth on February 28, 2018, 12:06:04 PM
We try to reserve Gus for really special missions.

Typically in ductwork?

Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Jarhead0331

This one is going to be an impulse sale buy for me, I think.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 28, 2018, 02:26:21 PM

get out...

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 28, 2018, 02:26:21 PM
[/quote

Ha! I'll believe that when I see it - everytime I look at something on Steam, it always says " You have one friend who owns this game - Jarhead0331"  :))