Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 03, 2013, 07:29:45 AM
Thanks, geek, can you link to that LA game? I checked the EA game you talked about and it's listed as full :( Alright Vlam, you and me for a MA game :)

tis here -

http://brokenforum.com/index.php?threads/dominions-3-mp-newb-to-intermediate-conservationofenergy.5479/

sign up and pick a race, the nice thing theyre doing is stewarding the forum as an ongoing FAQ about the game for hints and tips and strategies

sorry about the other one - it closed this morning

undercovergeek

does anyone know how much of a time sink the later game is, im in the 2 here, the 2 there but would like the chance at the MA here - cos you know its home and stuff

JasonPratt

I'm currently setting up a Middle Age game here on Grogheads as we speak.

Naturally once the thread is set up, anyone can post invitation threads elsewhere linking back.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

Nice, Jason! :)
I wish you all fun and luck with that game!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Considering that I'm going to play the Bandar-log, I'll need all the luck I can get.

{mental note to ramp up the luck scales}

undercovergeek

hooray!!!!!!

managed to poison 22 of my own troops to death again!!!  :-[  :'(

parone

JasonPratt

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 03, 2013, 05:53:57 PM
Maybe that counts as practice?

twice?

i sent the hydras one way and the humans the other - the indies stayed in the middle of the field so the hydras and the humans turned in toward each other and then spent the last 4 rounds standing next to each other been poisoned - as soon as my posion proof chassis is underway ill be indestructable - mooohahahahahaha

carrion woods?? sneaky git

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 03, 2013, 06:38:37 PM

carrion woods?? sneaky git

Unfortunately that's the only trick up Pangaea's sleeve.. and it just gives me some of the worst fodder troops in the game at the expense of negative growth.   Feel free to dispel it after a bit!  ;)

parone

carrion woods can be awesome.  but it is micro-hell.  mess around with all of pangea's undead national spells.  i never could make them work, but if you can(quick roots etc) your undead go from junk to midling.  and when you have 900 midling units on one battlefield...that aint bad

Nefaro

I've not been impressed with the manikin-specific buffs.  Quick Roots, for example, only has an AOE effect of 1 or 2 IIRC.  So three to six size-2 manikins at most is buffed per cast?  Whoopee!  The unarmored things will likely be dead before getting enough casts off to properly cover the 30 to 55 of them that some regular priest leaders can run with.

They're just brief damage soakers/distractions that are a pain to shuttle where you need them.  While they can be put to use, I don't put much stock in them against anything but poor light troops with no archer support.  It's the added bonus of extra green gem income that makes it more useful (and starting the game with it already researched) but the population loss sucks.  Mixed bag, but every extra boost helps huh?

JasonPratt

Oh that's right, I forgot to check what the global spell was that was cast. For no good reason the pre-turn messages don't bother to say, only that a global spell was cast!

Fortunately it was only carrion woods.  ;D

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 03, 2013, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 03, 2013, 05:53:57 PM
Maybe that counts as practice?

twice?

Hey, your hydras got experience from it, didn't they? And more than they would have gotten otherwise.

Thus, it's practice. :)

In fact, I think they should practice on your troops as much as possible.  8)