Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlam

Indeed, but having 50% poison resistance strongers the effect of spells like poison ward, serpent bless, or army of gold ;) .

I got a lot of bad luck too, with an ill omen that changed my luck scale to missfortune 3 on my capital!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 29, 2013, 11:41:17 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 29, 2013, 06:39:52 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 29, 2013, 06:26:29 PM
oh and this last turn - poisoned my own army - awesome

Ha!  How on Earth did you manage that?!

It can be surprisingly easy to cause friendly fire in battles, if you're flinging abilities and spells into an intermingled melee.  ;D  I thought Pythium had a lot of poison immune troops?  Maybe I'm thinking of the Early Age one.

Question!! -
Can I download and play some turns on my notebook pc without the anti-cheat thing flipping out?  Or should I only use my desktop that I've been doing turns on thus far?  I don't know if the save game file has some odd check like that.

Edit: Also - I plan to send any game messages through PM here on the boards, if that's okay with everyone.

im playing on 2 platforms - desktop at home, laptop while away from work and no problem - havent had a problem yet, even going back and loading old turns to do the AAR

JasonPratt

Incidentally, my experience indicates that the scales adjust according to the level of dominion, so when a game first starts the scales may not show up fully in effect yet.

(On the other hand, Under'geek's AAR seems to indicate his scales showed up in full strength from the getgo. So... I dunno. Maybe the scales are more like guidelines than actual rules. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Also, you people are scaring the hell out of me with your plans.

(And in the game! {g})

(And in the other game! {gg!})
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

byrdman57

Geek, I still haven't seen a link to your AAR. Hopefully you'll be giving away all your secrets.

undercovergeek

parone

i think your scales will stabilize eventually.  they don't stay skewed(unlucky)

sorry i took so long on my turn.  working a ton last two days, did turn in about 4 minutes before bed.  so if the lizards look like they are acting silly, chalk it up to battle 'fatigue'

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2013, 05:21:10 AM

im playing on 2 platforms - desktop at home, laptop while away from work and no problem - havent had a problem yet, even going back and loading old turns to do the AAR

Thanks for clarifying that UCG.   

I'll kill you last.  :P

Huw the Poo

No worries Parone, that's what the timer's there for! :)

undercovergeek

Quote from: Nefaro on March 30, 2013, 09:20:32 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on March 30, 2013, 05:21:10 AM

Thanks for clarifying that UCG.   

I'll kill you last.  :P

lmao - thats very good of you

parone

when arnold said 'ill kill you last', he later said, 'i lied'.  i say this only because some of you may not have invested as much time in bad 80s movies as i have... :)

Yskonyn

Short update; work is not really playing nice at the moment, but do not fret; my turn will come in time! :)
Sorry to keep you all waiting, but after tomorrow things will speed up.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

did you alter the times? im sure a turn was due this morning

Yskonyn

Yes I secretly did to accomodate for my Roster.. ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."