Dom 3 slow game (2 day turnaround)[closed]

Started by Yskonyn, March 04, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

You must be confused; despite my bravado, my pretender isn't up on the scoreboard.

parone

sorry folks.  thought i had sent my turn in.  whoops

parone

to make it up to you guys, i double banged.  sent in my turn, waited for the turn, then sent in my other turn.

actually it makes sense i was last-can anyone figure out why?

Yskonyn

I dont like puzzles, especially not cryptic ones...
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: byrdman57 on March 20, 2013, 12:25:56 PM
You must be confused; despite my bravado, my pretender isn't up on the scoreboard.

Ah, true, it's someone else's pretender. Specifically Nefaro. Who must have done even better than you. :)

LET'S ALL PILE UP AND STOP HIM!!!  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Huw the Poo

My troops clearly do not believe in safe sex.  They're multiplying at an alarming rate!  Couple that with all the <REDACTED> I have, and I think you're all right to be scared of me. :D

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 20, 2013, 04:40:40 PM
My troops clearly do not believe in safe sex spit upon the grave of sex.  [Which is almost literally why t]hey're multiplying at an alarming rate!  Couple that with all the <REDACTED> I have, and I think you're all right to be scared of me. :D

Fixed that for you. :)

Meanwhile, I think you're the last entry we need to finish turn 11 in the smaller game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on March 20, 2013, 03:22:37 PM
to make it up to you guys, i double banged.  sent in my turn, waited for the turn, then sent in my other turn.

actually it makes sense i was last-can anyone figure out why?

Because.... ........ some reptiles are transsexual (so can bang in each direction), and tend to be slow in cold weather?

parone

nice try.  not that hard though(no pun intended)

give you a hint-it'd be easier to figure out if you were playing the game.

but it isn't worth wasting time on.

JasonPratt

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to win, then.  ;)

"Riddle me this, BatmaAAAGHHH{POW}{CRUSH}{!!KABLOOOIE!!}" -- Riddler's strategy #1

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 20, 2013, 04:27:59 PM
Quote from: byrdman57 on March 20, 2013, 12:25:56 PM

Ah, true, it's someone else's pretender. Specifically Nefaro. Who must have done even better than you. :)

LET'S ALL PILE UP AND STOP HIM!!!  ;D

Who?  Me?

I'm just a 'lil guy!  :P

Remember the Ermorian Undead Sexfiend Hordes!!  Remember the Ermorian Undead Sexfiend Hordes!!  Remember the Ermorian Undead Sexfiend Hordes!!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 20, 2013, 05:09:21 PM
Meanwhile, I think you're the last entry we need to finish turn 11 in the smaller game.

Hey, don't rush me!  I'm taking the other game at least half seriously, and I'm calculating!  And diplomacying! ;)

JasonPratt

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, since Ysk will be gone for several days....

Solium Infernum mp while we're waiting? {g}

Updated to add: wait, never mind, I forgot I'm going to be out of pocket most likely this weekend, too.

But with my brother; so maybe we can get some rare multiplayering time.

Phobos

I have noticed only 4 nations have created a prophet.

It's not a big deal, but depending on the nation you are playing, it can be to you advantage to make one.

Prophets spread dominion candles, similar to your god.  So if you have good Scales (order, production, growth, etc), you may want to spread them around.

This is handy, as prophets become more powerful in their nation's dominion.  They get improved attribute scores and more health.  The extra health is percentage based, so the effect is dramatic on powerful units.

A prophet costs no upkeep.  A small advantage.

A prophet is always blessed.  Assuming your pretender has magic paths high enough to grant bless effects.

A prophet gains 3 levels of holy magic, unless they already had holy 3, in which case they gain holy 4.  This can be handy if your nation lacks powerful priests.

There are also a few edge cases where prophets do special things.  Some units transform into a slightly different unit when made a prophet.  Undead or demonic prophets can be given an order to raise the dead.