MetalDog

Was that the first or second series?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

agrippamaxentius

https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Reading Left of Bang, which I recommend everyone read to protect their family. The Marines that got the training described, said they wish they had it before going on tour. Nuff said.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

WallysWorld

Just about to start Sven Hassel's "Legion of the Damned". After finishing O'Brian's "Master and Commander" and Dewey Lambdin's "The Invasion Year" from the Alan Lewrie series, I felt like a WW2 novel from the German side and found out about Hassel's series.

After that I have Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" lined up.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JasonPratt

Aside from my usual research reading (which wouldn't apply well here), I'm still working through the web serial novel/series Worm (about a world infested with superheros and supervillains).

Definitely needs a bit of grammar and punctuation editing (the latter moreso than the former), but it continues to be extremely well plotted. The author deserves to do well when he or she gets around to self-publishing. (Naturally a publisher will be a bit loath to pick up the book/series since it's already freely 'published' on the web.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I also just finished reading This Book Is Full Of Spiders.

O0

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on August 24, 2015, 01:17:16 PM

O0

A web novel?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on August 24, 2015, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 24, 2015, 01:17:16 PM

O0

A web novel?

Written with someone like Martok in mind.

Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm reading a dull book, which is not bad.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

BanzaiCat

I'm more or less done with In A Sunburned Country now. I started reading Max Hastings' Overlord: D-Day and the Battle for Normandy.

I can't get through A Time for Trumpets. I feel like I need a goddamned atlas or Google Maps to keep track of everything.

bob48

Today my copy of 'Ardennes 1944 - Hitler's Last Gamble' by Antony Beevor arrived. If its up to his usual standard, it should be an excellent read.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Currently reading "The Lesser Dead" by Christopher Buehlman, a vampire story set in New York City in 1978.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Gus, have you read The Island at the Center of the World? It's about Manhattan's origins as a Dutch colony and it's impact on subsequent American history.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^By Russell Shorto? Why yes, yes I have. Loved it. I wish there were more books on Manhattan's Dutch history...they are few and far between whether fiction or not. When I become a published author, I am going to write some fiction set in 17th century New Amsterdam to fill the void. 'Tis my mission.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd