What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 28, 2014, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panzerde

I may have gone a bit crazy this weekend...

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

I am so freaking jealous of your copy of SPQR.

panzerde

It wasn't exactly cheap, but I still count myself fortunate to have found it for a not unreasonable price. Unpunched, too.

Looking all of this over, along with Hoplite I'm guessing I have several years of gaming here.

Bison

Well I'm in for the P500 on GMT, so it should reach the 500 goal in the next year or so.  :)

Cyrano

Found this at Goodwill's on-line store courtesy of a tip from Brant.

Cover's a bit scuffed, but everything else is pretty well mint.  My son and I had at one another and, after a pair of Immelman maneuvers left us facing away from each other, he powered around and blasted me from the sky.  I missed this one... 
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

panzerde

LongBlade

I'm pretty sure I played that once when I was eight or ten.

Excellent find!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

We still play it. I have that version and a friend has the Power House version. Great fun to have four books flying at once.

We used to play standing in the backyard. Each player would walk out his maneuver and it really helped with visualization of where you were in relation to each other.

Fantastic game.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I remember playing that when I was a snotty little pre-teen as one of my first entries into wargaming.  I recall just flipping through the book and choosing my next move based solely on how cool the drawing in the flip book looked.

There were some guys that I used to play Dawn Patrol with who had big plans to combine the two but I don't think that idea ever met with any success.

BanzaiCat

I still have my copy of the Ace of Aces Wingleader game (WWII era instead of WWI). My buddy had the above WWI version. Great times with both of them.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 28, 2015, 05:36:41 AM
I still have my copy of the Ace of Aces Wingleader game (WWII era instead of WWI). My buddy had the above WWI version. Great times with both of them.

I picked up an old copy of the cold war Jet Age version a few years ago out of curiosity.   :)   The books were in mint condition, but they were rather old (and thick) that I was a bit worried about breaking the spines with use.

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on August 28, 2015, 11:05:40 AM

I picked up an old copy of the cold war Jet Age version a few years ago out of curiosity.   :)   The books were in mint condition, but they were rather old (and thick) that I was a bit worried about breaking the spines with use.

It's a game and meant to be played! Play it!  :knuppel2:
Our copy of the WWI Powerhouse series has pages loose but we still play it.
You can play the game without opening the books enough to crack the spine.

Cyrano

1:  IMA play "Ace of Aces" at the park tomorrow as part of a memorial walk for one of my aldermen who passed suddenly a few weeks ago.  He liked wargames -- we played our share of Battle Academy and a few others -- and his older brother was a tester for SPI back in the day.  He showed me all kinds of wild, "first generation" kit.

2:  Doug tells Jim about on-line store.  Jim finds store.  Jim browses store's holdings. Jim finds the following and the rest is part of the story of the weekend (honestly can't believe this one evaded me all these years):

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

LongBlade

Wow, Cyrano. That looks awesome. Makes me drool just thinking about it.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

panzerde

And so it begins...
Battle of Brienne scenario from OSG's La Patrie en Danger.