Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Destraex

yeah it's a long time. Are these official? Or are they dubbed over with some nuts commentary?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Alpha 3.3 was released last night to the PTU. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it features object container streaming. This is a foundational component of the game system that should dramatically improve performance across the board.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Yeah nice. I will probably take a look after watching the stream.

Destraex

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 11, 2018, 04:55:16 AM

10 hours !?!

nope both of them have bad commentary unfortunately. I just wanted a clean one.

Jarhead0331

Gillian Anderson is in Squadron 42...hubba, hubba.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Looking good!

So, release date is coming up finally?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 11, 2018, 09:16:49 AM
Looking good!

Depends on how you define "coming up".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 11, 2018, 10:37:46 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 11, 2018, 09:16:49 AM
Looking good!

Depends on how you define "coming up".

Or indeed release

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

I'm a dork or geek, no nerd.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

I say it in jest, although the thought of guys waiting in anticipation to see a sliver of footage of the elusive game rather nerdy. And look at the price of admission for their snake oil ships. Ridiculous imo. To each their own.

The thing is I grew up in the deep woods and while I am a product of my environment (read hunting, fishing, plinking, puddle jumping, country music, barn dance, fist fighting, whiskey swilling good time) Ive always enjoyed things considered outside the norm for the area and had to travel great distances to get the wares of my 'peculiar' hobbies. I could coherce a few of my friends back home to play some boardgames with me and even had a good, small group of friends to discover and play D&D way back when for a time, it wasn't until I moved to a metropolitan area as a young man that I ever came into contact with the North American Nerd in its natural habitat.

I have never met a more welcoming and accommodating sect of people. It was then that I hooked up with a group about my age that were all college students, bright and fun loving, that brought me into some of the best gaming ever. Initially I felt intimidated, seeing as I have an eight grade education and these were fine intellectuals, but that quickly disappeared when my skills as a prolific strategist became apparent. We played D&D for nearly 2 years straight on almost every Friday, moved onto Axis and Allies and then Advanced Squad Leader and it was this group that first introduced me to computer gaming and the world of geekdom.

While I still enjoy all those attributes from my rearing, I feel equally at home with those that I still look up to; Dorks, Geeks, and yes, NERDS.

So, definitely not an insult from this Redneck Boy.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on October 12, 2018, 07:07:33 AM
Dork.

I'm not computer savvy enough to be a geek and I don't have enough action figures to be a nerd and only a dork would tell his life story to complete strangers online so once again Gus, my good man, you are spot on.

As you were.:)