Pax Porfiriana

Started by binkman, September 25, 2016, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

binkman

Hey guys, I randomly determined turn order and hacendado identity.

Order:
1.) Mike (red)
2.) l'amour (blue)
3.) Me (yellow)
4.) Rex (green)
5.) James (black)

l'amour

Vassal dice are ridiculous..

rstites25

We should probably move our Hacendado cards to the board so that our tableaus are always visible on the board. Same goes for the money tracker. The individual player windows will just be for hand cards. Because this is PBEM and people could easily track who has what cards (since they all come from the market and are known), I suggest that we play with open hands. In the handful of games I've played of Pamir and Porfiriana by PBEM, this seems to be how things are typically handled.

Looking forward to playing.

binkman

Quote from: rstites25 on September 25, 2016, 09:57:33 AM
We should probably move our Hacendado cards to the board so that our tableaus are always visible on the board. Same goes for the money tracker. The individual player windows will just be for hand cards. Because this is PBEM and people could easily track who has what cards (since they all come from the market and are known), I suggest that we play with open hands. In the handful of games I've played of Pamir and Porfiriana by PBEM, this seems to be how things are typically handled.

Looking forward to playing.

Yes, I agree. I was just being lazy.  ::)

egg_salad

Urk.  It's been a while.  I forgot how crappy the rules are.  Ok, hopefully I did this right.  Please point out my mistakes and ridicule me for them.  It is the only way I learn.

Anyhoo, if I did it right, everybody lost half their gold, suckers!

l'amour should be up.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

l'amour

Done! I think I remember the rules. As with Mike, shout at me if I have done it wrong.
Amarillo/Senor Binkman is next.

egg_salad

FYI, if you need to learn the rules or refresh yourself on the rules, these videos, which I found on BGG, were quite good.

binkman

rstites25

Mike cut Black's/James's gold from 11 to 8 in his turn. Black started with 8 because his hacendado's special ability gave +3 starting gold. I corrected it. With the halved gold, Black has 6 instead of 4.

James/Black is up.

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on September 26, 2016, 09:02:39 PM
Mike cut Black's/James's gold from 11 to 8 in his turn. Black started with 8 because his hacendado's special ability gave +3 starting gold. I corrected it. With the halved gold, Black has 6 instead of 4.

James/Black is up.

Ahh.  I did wonder why that was in my log, but I should have posted too.  Thanks for fixing.  Although, I don't really think James deserves that much gold.

egg_salad

James/Black is up.

Wait.  It should be 5 gold remaining.  It was remove half gold, rounded up.

rstites25

Quote from: egg_salad on September 30, 2016, 08:22:43 AM

James/Black is up.

It depends on what you're rounding up--the amount removed or the amount remaining. I assumed that you round the amount remaining (in favor of the player) as opposed to rounding up the amount subtracted (against the player). I couldn't find a rounding rule in my quick search of the rules.

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on September 30, 2016, 11:54:46 AM
Quote from: egg_salad on September 30, 2016, 08:22:43 AM

James/Black is up.

It depends on what you're rounding up--the amount removed or the amount remaining. I assumed that you round the amount remaining (in favor of the player) as opposed to rounding up the amount subtracted (against the player). I couldn't find a rounding rule in my quick search of the rules.

The card text was something like "Each player discards half his gold(+)", so that way I played it for everyone was I calculated the amount to be removed by dividing by two and rounding up.  If we give James 6 gold, we need to give gold back to some others, including me.

egg_salad

+ does mean round up, and the card is referring to the gold to be discarded, so...

rstites25

Are you sure you did that for everyone? Seems like I checked how someone else who had an odd number was rounded.