Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Qataba flees again!
Readying to strike,
Saba flexes hard:
Two more years and then...

The Ptolemaic expedition can be seen to the north on the way, although I don't think that's why Qataba withdrew again (otherwise they would have withdrawn in the direction of their vulnerable outpost). It was just their normal spoiling behavior. Cheap for them to do, hampers us at no cost.

Withdrawing allowed us to finish our wheelworks, and I think also allowed us to mature another generation of workers.

Consequently, we're now in a position where every three years another new generation of workers will mature; and our infrastructure is strong enough to work on projects reasonably quickly by itself (like a second food property, stables if I remember correctly, which will also reduce our cavalry costs); and all our workers can now focus on profitmaking. (No doubt this timetable will be spoofed by another Qatabian harraassment force, but in principle that's where we are.)

Between that and a generous gift by Rome, we'll be in a position to send forth a flexible assault force in two more years; and if the Qats come back, then we'll have more of a welcoming party for them! (My theory about the computer despawning my garrison troops into an abstraction seems correct; thus they'll have no general to give them immediate help unless I leave something independently camped in the garrison -- which I have also made preparations for.)

Saba will remember the generous activity of both Rome and Egypt.  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Under desert winds,
Very far from home,
Wander weary guests:
Expedition force! (soon to be Q4 2019 anime series...!)

Saba welcomes the Ptolemy expeditionary force coming down from Arabia. Be aware that the Qatabian territory south of you will be no pushover, as the enemy has just now concentrated a defense there -- possibly by bringing them in by ship (they've had a small navy floating around the southern entrance to the Red Sea for a while.) Our scouts and trading caravans estimate around 50 combat power on the ground, not even counting the garrison.

In two more turns I'll have a respectable raiding force assembled (if I don't get invasion-harrassed again for a couple of turns), but not one that can hit their capital yet (although not many defenders remain on the ground there, outside their garrison.)

Depending on how things are going two turns from now, I may be able to strike out diagonally southwest against the main port in the area -- captured by Saba long ago in the youth of my first king, and then almost immediately taken away by the original bandits infesting the area you're looking at. (Then much later again by Qataba.)

Alas, my original Saba ruler has died peacefully of old age, to be succeeded by a nit who reeks at combat management. Our first king couldn't live long enough to see the sea again...  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

devoncop

Situation around Sabaen capital is interesting.

The Quatabian presence around the main port includes a large naval presence as you indicate but also it seems their man army is now embarked for reasons unknown. I am trying to negotiate a peace  with the Nubians as I have a decent sized force around Coptis on the border that can insure against the Quatabians getting too frisky.

I anticipate hitting the Quatabian held port next turn.

It won't be easy but I will check what they have before moving.My troops are pretty experienced though not huge in number so we shall see.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

I'm hoping to sneak one more move in tomorrow, before I'm gone for the weekend -- hopefully back Sunday evening in time to check my move!

But in case the AI takes over from a stale, how do I get back in? Just login to the game?  ??? (Have you successfully gotten back in yet Gus?)

Tripoli

I thought the screams of pain from Gus when he saw how the AI  had so effectively led his nation to the abyss indicated he had regained control, at least of his nation. however, the situation may be beyond his control >:D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

I am back in yes, but my pudding has indeed been drugged by the AI. And yes all you do to regain control is log in to play as usual.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

If I had a choice, I would play games and the AI handle my life for me. Except for bacon.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

So Nubia tried to attack Coptis having turned down my peace proposal and got a good hiding from the Egyptian garrison supported by my loyal Nabatean allies but are nonetheless being a right royal pain in the butt when there are other bigger fish to fry....

On the plus side the Qataban will be losing regions from next turn onwards as the Egyptian expeditionary forces completes Operation Sonnet on behalf of the Saba. :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2019, 08:16:45 AM
Operation Sonnet? How poetic!

How could an operation in aid of our very own race of warrior poets be called anything else ?

Gusington

Good point. 1500 years later and further northwest and it could be called Operation Braveheart.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I was thinking, "Operation Pratt-Off-The-Mat".  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2019, 09:33:37 AM
Good point. 1500 years later and further northwest and it could be called Operation Braveheart.

No Mel Gibson and his cod scottish accent references please  :hide:

devoncop

Tripoli

Syracuse-We need to have a conversation about those troops of yours in Bruttium.  I'm sure we can come up with a reasonable trade for their exit to somewhere outside the peninsula.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln