Unconditional Surrender PBF cont

Started by drep, September 06, 2016, 01:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstites25

drep

We start south of Moscow.  German armor unit attacking the 9th army.  The Romanian assault will wait for later. Axis DRMs: +2 german, +2 iso, -1 rough = +3, then halved for Severe weather.  Soviet option for one of three tank markers and the final sortie from Moscow. In poor weather they would add a +1 each.

rstites25

drep

I had a -1 for rough above for some reason. It's a clear hex, so the DRM was +4 then halved. 3,1 roll turned into 7,1 and the Axis was halved to 4,1 for a DR.  The armor unit has 4 mp left, so it is continuing the mobile attack.

DRMs: +2 german, +2 iso = +4 then halved. Soviets: -2 reduced.

Same options as before for support.

drep

A 4,2 roll resulted in a DR. After that I did a bunch of shuffling around.

I'll remove sorties from all my air units: by Estonia, Velikiye Luki, Damascus, Bordeaux, and Calais.

It's General Winter's time to shine :)

Woodall

So... is this game more like PoG or more like OCS? I can't tell from the pictures but I've heard good things.

drep

It's got the scale of PoG and the hexes of OCS.  Other than that, it's a different beast than those two games. There's no cards, like in PoG, and the combat system and supply is simple compared to OCS. Combat is all DRM based -- there are no strength factors or column shifts

I think the selling point is that it's a strategic game of the ETO that doesn't take 100+ hours on the table and has the ability to go off the historical rails a little. It scratches an itch.

Woodall

Sounds pretty cool, heard it is being re-printed. I'll have to pick up a copy... was thinking about No Retreat too but it seems exception heavy.

rstites25

Allies took their turn. The miracle of Dunkirk Beirut (Haifa?) occurred to pull the BEF out to a port behind the lines. I forgot to spend production to flip it back to it's full-strength size. So there are two logfiles. The second logfile flips the BEF and pulls out the fighter fleet that I had originally placed.

bob48

This really looks like an interesting game - I'm enjoying the AAR so far, gents.  :bd:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

drep

Poor weather in the mild, severe in the warm. Diamonds for both strat warfare rolls.  My strat move was to move a garrison in Belgrade to the edge of the map by Stalingrad.

Any strat moves for you?

rstites25

Is it possible to strat move the 3rd French North Africa unit to 5448, I'll do that. (I can't see any restriction that would prevent it, but I could be missing something.)

I'll strat move the Soviet unit in Kalinin to 1851.

drep

Starting in the south.

Mobile attack on 10th garrison. 4 MP used at this point. Using a sortie and an airdrop. Attacker drms: +2 german, +2 armor, +2 sortie, -1 rough = +5. defender drms: +1 UK, -2 reduced, -2 airdrop = -3. your option for one of two tank markers.

rstites25

Let's use a tank marker...and hope you don't roll as well as you did in HIS.  :)