Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Yeah, I haven't run into problems yet, but I think I'll wait on some more rounds of bugpatching anyway.

Personally, I'm just glad I found out how to block! -- a super-important skill that I feel pretty sure the game never mentioned how to do.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2018, 12:52:10 PM
Yeah, I haven't run into problems yet, but I think I'll wait on some more rounds of bugpatching anyway.

Personally, I'm just glad I found out how to block! -- a super-important skill that I feel pretty sure the game never mentioned how to do.  :buck2:

The game teaches combat, including blocking and dodging, during the fighting tutorial with Captain Bernard in Rattay.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

I have solved the Ginger issue without any problems. I was able to avoid engaging in combat.

Without spoiling too much; the next  lead you get takes you to a Priest and there you will experience a truely grand adventure! Its epic! One of the best gaming moments in my recent history!  O0 O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2018, 01:35:43 PM

The game teaches combat, including blocking and dodging, during the fighting tutorial with Captain Bernard in Rattay.

I did that literally first thing on my to-do list. Maybe I was too awesome at it, because I kept expecting him to teach me to block but he never did. He just up and quits, and I was shocked, thinking, "Well, that was abrupt, but the lesson isn't over. Is it?! Are they going to teach me to block later? Shouldn't that have been, like, the first recap, maybe after stressing movement?"

Maybe I wasn't paying sufficient attention somehow (despite paying enough attention to think I hadn't been taught to block, and wondering during the fistfight if now I'd be taught.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 19, 2018, 04:21:43 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 19, 2018, 01:35:43 PM

I did that literally first thing on my to-do list. Maybe I was too awesome at it, because I kept expecting him to teach me to block but he never did. He just up and quits, and I was shocked, thinking, "Well, that was abrupt, but the lesson isn't over. Is it?! Are they going to teach me to block later? Shouldn't that have been, like, the first recap, maybe after stressing movement?"

Maybe I wasn't paying sufficient attention somehow (despite paying enough attention to think I hadn't been taught to block, and wondering during the fistfight if now I'd be taught.)

That is really bizarre. Not sure why they would use different triggers for training. If anything, I proved that I'm pretty good at melee combat since I beat the snot out of the guy who owed my father on the first try. Now...archery...that's a totally different story.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

I read over at RPG.com that DLC plans to include playing as a woman character. That opens up soooo many possible great but sexist one-liners......  ::)  You might want to forgo the 'Child Birth' add-on.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

ME? Kid? Always, but NEVER about Medieval life experiences. That's my 'Safe Space'. It's on the RPG.com frontpage which unlike some places are only 'mythical' in nature. It's too early for April Fool.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

My Bad!  It's RPGWatch.com. Sorry for the confuse. Who will be first to play as Lady Mc Groghead?  :2funny:

mikeck

I haven't started this game yet and I understand that the first 4-6 hours is a tutorial; and therefor on rails. How much does the game "open up" after that? Is it more of a Skyrim style mechanic where there is a storyline but you can do all sorts of stuff and work the story when you want? Are there a lot of side missions?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Holy $hit! The Drinking Binge quest with Goodwin the Priest? Most fun I've ever had in an RPG. Fantastic game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

See! I told you! :D

I've now visited Sasau. There's a big monastery there. Impressive building.
Rattay remains the only walled town I've come across. The rest are settlements, farmsteads or camps so far.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ian C

Hotfix Patch:

Release Notes for version 1.2.5
20 FEBRUARY   - MARTIN.KLIMA
This is hotfix patch for the following issues:

• Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat (only applicable when playing with a controller)

• Fix for issues in quests with Hans Capon

• Fix for quest Ginger in a Pickle

The version displayed in Main menu is 1.2.5

This patch is compatible with all current mods (in as much as these mods are compatible with our game).

trek

KCD devs have implemented the Save Game Patch. It is now Live!

Pete Dero

Quote from: trek on February 21, 2018, 10:03:47 AM
KCD devs have implemented the Save Game Patch. It is now Live!

This is the 'Save and Exit functionality' and doesn't add free saves in game (still needs a mod to do that).