carrier battles kickstarter for pc

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 01, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketman

Quote from: bobarossa on December 07, 2018, 09:42:46 PM
Made it!  Now if it's not any good we hang Rocketman for leading us astray!   :knuppel2:
:buck2:  :wow:  :'(

RedArgo

The devs have been posting updates every month on the kickstarter page, looks like they are shooting for alpha next month, maybe.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/carrier-battles-4-desktop

em2nought

My feedback on the new images is that they're too low resolution for me to be able to give an informed opinion on how clear the information is being presented for gaming purposes.  They look nice from a distance and they're probably fine, but I can't read the chits.  Even when I go to the kickstarter page I still have issues reading the chits.  It's kind of like going to Matrix Games and looking at bad screenshots of good games(at least that's how Matrix used to be I haven't looked recently).  Maybe zip up the images if it's a matter of bandwidth? ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.

Redwolf

I don't want "light" games when I sit down on my PC.

However, as a focus point when sitting somewhere with nothing but a phone around it might be awesome.

RedArgo

The_Admiral

Well the backers have their keys already - and I am among the lucky ones :)
They're great guys, Cyril is working hard and he is being supported by no-one else than Philippe Thibaut in his endeavor - yes, that Philippe Thibaut of Europa Universalis & AGEOD fame.

Going to be great  :bd:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Has the same problem as many of the Slitherine games.  If you have a peripheral like a joystick or a throttle plugged in, the map scrolls by itself and you can't control it.

Toonces

I'll all-in on this as soon as it's released.  This will really take the edge off while we patiently await Task Force Admiral. 

I have a feeling once that is released, you may not see much of Toonces for a while.   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

RedArgo

The_Admiral

Oh thanks for the heads up Toonces btw ^^

Regarding this one, yes it seems realistic - they're in the middle of the beta test (I am just playing though, not testing so much) and Cyril is making steady progress. It looks great guys :)

em2nought

Quote from: The_Admiral on February 06, 2020, 10:39:49 PM
Well the backers have their keys already

Hmm, I must have missed something or maybe getting the key early was one option of several such as additional scenarios?
Stolen elections have consequences.

RedArgo

Quote from: em2nought on April 03, 2020, 01:32:47 PM
Quote from: The_Admiral on February 06, 2020, 10:39:49 PM
Well the backers have their keys already

Hmm, I must have missed something or maybe getting the key early was one option of several such as additional scenarios?

You're right, I didn't get any beta access either which my pledge level indicates I should have gotten.  I just dropped them a message on kickstarter, so we'll see what they say.

The_Admiral

FYI we're getting updates through another email address

carrierbattles  (aaaaaat) yahoo dot com

Better to send Cyril a mail directly I guess :)

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)