Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Started by OJsDad, January 23, 2017, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

The Last Jedi is the title for the next Star Wars movie, episode VIII. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/%E2%80%98star-wars-episode-viii%E2%80%99-title-announced/ar-AAm90qp?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartanntp

QuoteThe title for "Star Wars: Episode VIII" has finally been revealed.

Disney annouced on Monday that the next chapter in the space opera saga will be named "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."

"The Last Jedi," written and directed by Rian Johnson, immediately follows the events of 2015's smash hit "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

The film stars Mark Hamill, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong'o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. The cast also includes the late Carrie Fisher, who died on Dec. 27. The actress, who played Princess Leia Organa, had wrapped shooting in July.

Lucasfilm said earlier this month that it won't digitally recreate Fisher in upcoming movies.

Benicio Del Toro, Laura Dern, and Kelly Marie Tran will also appear in "The Last Jedi."

The film is produced by Kathleen Kennedy and Ram Bergman, and executive produced by J.J. Abrams, Jason McGatlin, and Tom Karnowski.

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" hits theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

I think it is good they will let Carrie rest in peace after this one.

I just hope it is not a remake of an earlier film which IMO was what "The Force Awakens" really was. I enjoyed it but it was just a little too close to the plot of New Hope.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

"The Last Jedi-- Unless the Gross Stays Up". To be followed by, "The Second-To-Last Jedi", "The Next Last Jedi", and, "The Last, Last Jedi". And then later a made-for TV series, "The Skywalker-Solo Family Chronicles". Can't wait!  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Luke's not the last Jedi. Even after Palpsy issued Order 66 there were still a bunch of Jedi hiding throughout the galaxy. Hell, he and Vader completely missed Yoda and Obi Wan for 20 years. The Jedi are harder to wipe out than cockroaches.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

But surely they would've felt the Force awaken and come out of hiding or where ever they are. Wouldn't they? Sorry I called you 'Shirley'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Nefaro

Quote"The Last Jedi," written and directed by Rian Johnson,

The guy who directed the movie Looper

Actually, that's the only one of note to me on his list.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on January 23, 2017, 12:56:29 PM
Luke's not the last Jedi. Even after Palpsy issued Order 66 there were still a bunch of Jedi hiding throughout the galaxy. Hell, he and Vader completely missed Yoda and Obi Wan for 20 years. The Jedi are harder to wipe out than cockroaches.

Just read that the plural of Jedi is Jedi.  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 23, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

You didn't know that?

Have you been spending too much time in Star Trek land?   :))

mirth

He's been busy perfecting his Vulacan nerve pinch.

OJsDad

Quote from: Nefaro on January 23, 2017, 08:22:29 PM
Quote from: bbmike on January 23, 2017, 06:02:06 PM

You didn't know that?

Have you been spending too much time in Star Trek land?   :))

To be fair, they are interchangeable. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

What, two highly popular space operas that constantly disappoint fans, have great big well developed universes and are never taken advantage of, and yet keep people coming back for more. 

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

How do you even get to be a maintenance guy in the Empire? Don't they just blow stuff up rather than fix it? How could you ever find your tools with that damned helmet with the little, tiny eye slots anyway? Then, just when you get it up and running again, some Dark Jedi comes along and  carves it all the hell-up with a lightsaber cause he's pissed that some little girl beat him up in Mind Thumb-Wrestling. Tough job!  :-\