Campaign Series: Vietnam - Your feedback requested

Started by Crossroads, February 10, 2018, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Thank you guys, very much appreciated! I will do a post at our site for the first day results, but please do keep answering the survey if this is of any interest to you. Very good data for us for our game and scenario design efforts! :nerd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Crossroads on February 11, 2018, 04:47:23 AM

I will do a post at our site for the first day results, but please do keep answering the survey if this is of any interest to you.

Here we go then:

Campaign Series Vietnam Survey - The First Day results

CS Vietnam Survey will remain open, so if you're interested in the title please do join in when convinient.

Again, thanks to everyone who participated, this helps us a lot in determining what to have in and perhaps what to left out from Vietnam 1.0.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crossroads

Quote from: bbmike on February 11, 2018, 09:07:40 AM
^Thanks for sharing. I like the results.  O0

Yeah, everything's cool but the Age survey perhaps. But hey, it's not my young age that counts but my good looks!  :smitten:

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2018, 10:39:48 AM
Yeah, your largest demo is us old farts :P

A seasoned collegue of mine calls only those over 55 "adults". I've still got a two, three years myself, before I need to start taking things seriously, in a mature kind of way.

Got to live these last carefree years to the max, then!

First, how abot getting off the couch.

Nah.

CJReich46

I'd like to ask, will Riverine Actions be included? Those engagements also involved land forces, or even special Ops like SEALs.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Thanks Bob, we're keeping it open, each and all insight appreciated  :)

CJR, yes, Riverines and Brown-water Navy  will feature in, we implemented in-hex rivers and canals just for this purpose. Should be fun!

mirth

Quote from: Crossroads on February 11, 2018, 04:10:55 PM
CJR, yes, Riverines and Brown-water Navy  will feature in, we implemented in-hex rivers and canals just for this purpose. Should be fun!

:bd:

Crossroads

Quote from: mirth on February 11, 2018, 08:35:24 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on February 11, 2018, 04:10:55 PM

:bd:

Can't wait either. After the changes, Campaign Series must be one the few games that feature both hex side waterway types (Stream, Minor River), and in-hex ones too (Canal, Major Canal, River, Major River). at 250m hex scale I believe that works quite nicely, and I am fully OK with other games only having either one, with a larger scale it makes sense. 

Been quite a pain to implement it to be honest, but we're finally on home stretch for it.

Jarhead0331

I know its not traditionally the way you guys operate, but any chance for pre-order and early access at some point in development?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Questionaire answered and thank you for your work!