egg_salad

I'm down with 1830 on rails.

Reminds me of a conversation with my wife:
Her: "this car corners like it is on wheels .."
Me: "rails"
Her: "What?"
Me: "The saying is this car corners like it is on rails."
Her: "That makes no sense!"
Me: "Well, they are trying to show that the car is capable cornering very fast, as if it were held down.." trailing off seeing look on her face.
Her: "Whatever"
Me: "Yes, dear, it's stupid." (grinning)

Now, just to be clear, my wife is actually much smarter than I am, but there are a few things I know that she does not.  When I find one of those things, I remember it forever.

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

I hate to put a damp squid on everything, but you really shouldn't put women on a pedal stool.

rstites25

Is everyone ready or do people need more time to get through the rules?

Woodall

I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere without access until next Friday probably, so a delay would be fine by me. I also haven't yet read the rules.

l'amour

A week off sounds good to me. I'll read the rules.

binkman

In the mean time, i just discovered that Phil Eklund is a genius. Does anyone have any interest in playing Pax Pamir or Pax Porfiriana? I could start another topic in the forum for it.

Woodall

I could play that. Also, I think he was interviewed by the Guns, Dice, and Butter guy. Good listen.

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

l'amour

rstites25

Bumping this thread in case Woodall isn't subscribed to the Pax thread.

Woodall

You know, the little thing says I'm notified on this thread, but I'm not receiving the notification e-mails.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: jwoodall04 on October 04, 2016, 01:08:11 PM
You know, the little thing says I'm notified on this thread, but I'm not receiving the notification e-mails.

weird.  I'll poke around under the hood and see what's going on
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Woodall

I re-notified... also up for 1830 whenever you guys want.