Main Menu

Send Them FRIDAY

Started by JudgeDredd, June 02, 2017, 12:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2017, 03:55:21 PM
AHOY TUNA YE BARNACLED BASTARD!

I was playing Naval Action this weekend.  The new version/world/game/thing is very different.  I'm going to have to learn to trade or something to buy the 6pders to put on my Privateer.

bob48

Popguns! get a couple of long nines, or 24lb carronades  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

Accomplished:

* Tweaked my two panzer decks in SD44 to play somewhat effectively in a 'cheap' game (low starting cash, medium income rate). Still not very successful at it. Apparently, sufficient numbers of expensive kit costs money! Economics is a harsh mistress.

* Scourged some of War for 3 hours Saturday with Asid and some of his European crew. We all teamed up as the Allies vs the AI French. My general got captured upon first contact with the enemy, by letting French cannons roll past him on their caissons.  :uglystupid2: Despite that temporary setback, and my basic inability to make my two cav brigades pay attention through their generals (forcing me to take over and micro the regiments directly after they had been whittled down by mismanagement), we won pretty crushingly -- I think all four of us notched up a positive score. I helped by rushing my cav and arty up to seize the ridgeline south of the objective, and forcing the AI to stall out until my fellow divisions arrived; but the AI did try to take its cav division in a deep loop around to the left of our line of defense. (Our corps commander kept them off us.) My cav brigades eventually ceased to exist and/or ran away (after doing a lot of helpful if often scatterbrained work), but my arty continued dominating hard throughout the game, including when I managed to pull them up behind the enemy's defensive line at about 200 yards.  :o :hide:

* Finished writing, editing, and compiling Turn 3 of Churchill. Next up, checking over the ep to make sure no hideous production errors, and then uploading it. Theoretically it should be live tomorrow, weather permitting.

Next up: Barth finished his side of Turn 5 in DC:Blitz, so I'll get back to that nail biter!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: bob48 on June 05, 2017, 06:05:50 AM
Popguns! get a couple of long nines, or 24lb carronades  :)

Long ago I had a REnomee with long 9s.  You can't even buy long nines in the game at this point.  You can "craft" them though.  I haven't had the money for much since the bottom fell out of the tuna market in Havanna last week.  You can't even get long 6s!

Anguille

I have been fairly active gamingwise during this long weekend:

- I have lost my second game in a row of Pandora (on easy). I have started a new game now and changed from the diplomatic faction to the military faction. I hope this will give the bonus i need to survive.

- Continued my Civilization 5 campaign...just waiting for the 500 turns to end. I don't have much fun at this point anymore. I find diplomacy and spying much better in MOO4. I think i'll try some scenarios afterwards.

- Played some more turns of my Master of Orion 4 campaign as the Darloks. Doing ok but i am in for a long game (set 1000 turns).

- Played a little with my kids: Grand Ages: Rome: Alexandria free build and Sid Meier's Pirates (saved the sister of my hero).