RLM's "Nerd Crew" satirizes the Episode 9 marketing (among other things)

Started by JasonPratt, September 01, 2019, 01:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Just in case no one knows the famous "Plinkett" team -- the language is definitely NSFW. (And loudly so.)

This particular version of Red Letter Media satirizes clickbait marketing shows (with particular targets in mind, many of which I don't recognize so don't feel bad if some of their jokes go overhead. ;) ) I always learn something new when they do these joke-episodes, though: in this case, the official poster for Star Wars Ep 9, recently released, uses an action figure. An actual action figure, photoshopped as a large part of the poster. This couldn't be more clearly demonstrated either.

"...I literally cannot tell if you're being serious or not..."

My favorite part comes at the very end with the promotional photos of Galaxy's Edge park, provided by the Disney State News Service.

[spoiler]Galaxy's Edge has significantly under-performed in attendance; the promotional photos are probably real, but the joke is that "crowds" have been clumsily cut-and-paste into the photos.[/spoiler]
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

To hell with any official SW9 thread! RLM's Nerd Crew is back!

"No humble bragging here, just bragging!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!