D&D Core Books

Started by airboy, February 10, 2018, 02:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

if you're going to some conventions this summer, you might want to see about bringing stuff along.  You might not get quite as much straight cash, but you might get some good deals on credit from the retailers/vendors if you're willing to exchange for other products they've got
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on February 20, 2018, 01:00:18 PM
Any thought towards scanning your items to pdf rather than having to re-purchase them?

Having said that, I'm aware that I'm blessed working for a firm that routinely deals with scanning stuff from paper to pdf and vice-versa so I'm not certain how "easy," that would work in other places with other folks.

Sorry, mang.

My scanning them is a big issue for my allergies.  I even have a high quality scanner at work - but I don't think I can assign my grad student to do this.

I'd have to pay someone to scan the stuff, but that is a real good thought.

Thanks.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on February 20, 2018, 04:36:22 PM
I'd have to pay someone to scan the stuff, but that is a real good thought.

would it cost less to just buy the PDFs?

I'm asking b/c when you get the PDFs, you're getting them w/ searchable text.  When you scan them, you're getting images that aren't OCR'ed (or a LOT of typo-correcting if you are trying to OCR them) and therefore the text isn't searchable.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

^ All good thoughts.

I need to go through everything and decide what I just want to discard/sell and what I want to replace.
Then I have to decide how I want to replace it.

And I'll have to do this in small doses for illness.  Or just do it all at once and be sick and drink scotch for a week.

bayonetbrant

Airboy - watch for an email from me

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on February 20, 2018, 04:54:21 PM
^ All good thoughts.

I need to go through everything and decide what I just want to discard/sell and what I want to replace.
Then I have to decide how I want to replace it.

And I'll have to do this in small doses for illness.  Or just do it all at once and be sick and drink scotch for a week.

If you are just going to discard some of them, I'd be willing to cover shipping.  You may even still have my address ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2018, 07:30:04 PM
If you are just going to discard some of them, I'd be willing to cover shipping.  You may even still have my address ;)

You live 3 hours away!  Just meet for a beer in the middle and hand them off  :)

You'll spend less in gas than you would in shipping

MetalDog

Great idea!  But I hate driving in/around/near Birmingham.  Terrible roads.  Terrible traffic.  Terrible drivers.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Unrelated complaint but I simply do not understand WotCs position on not making all prior products print on demand.  I could see not wanting to undercut 5e sales but I'm not sure that would actually happen anyway.