Grogs Online D&D group?

Started by acctingman, October 09, 2017, 10:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 16, 2017, 04:35:33 AM
Apocalypse stuff looks interesting for sure.  Sitting on Dungeon World, Spirit of '77, and now the newly released Bedlam Hall. Last 2 are fun reads to boot.

Blades in the Dark is also a derivative, but a little bit different.

Good changes.  I was surprised by how much is in it & how expanded little parts of the AWE system was.

Plus RP'ing as a gang of criminals or cultists, in a Dishonored-like fantasy Victorian setting, is damn interesting.  Definitely something for longer open campaigns.

Hacking the setting has been a bit popular, too.  I know there are some people doing Shadowrun using BitD, but I also think a Warhammer Fantasy styled one would fit wonderfully also.

Dammit Carl!

Re: Blades in the Dark in Warhmmer fantasy land =  :))

Goldang great idea there.

--Goes back to read up BitD

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 16, 2017, 11:24:39 AM
Re: Blades in the Dark in Warhmmer fantasy land =  :))

Goldang great idea there.

--Goes back to read up BitD

Playing a group of criminals, or especially cultists, in the Old World could make for some dark hilarity.  >:D

airboy

It more comes down to who will GM, what will they GM, and how many can you get to show.

A lot of Call of Cthulhu is solving a mystery.  There is occasional combat that needs to be real time, or at least everyone who is playing gives a script that the combat can be run.

Lots and lots of typing for whomever GMs this.

Cheimison

Quote from: bbmike on October 10, 2017, 10:58:19 AM
If it works I might start a Star Trek one. Just don't expect to see any Hortas.
I ran a game of that Star Trek GURPS game, it was pretty fun.
My biggest problem with Roll20 is that I'm very picky about who I play with and people are flaky AF.
Especially when I play D&D, I'm pretty by-the-book as a DM so if the player group is too small they're typically going to get killed. Which should be fine, but snowflakes don't want to use their indistinguishable and easily replaceably thief.