Snow day! \o/

Started by Huw the Poo, February 28, 2018, 06:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

We've had about 4 inches of snow here, and the UK can't cope with that kind of avalanche.  Consequently, as I was getting the kids ready for school this morning, the text messages arrive: "Your daughter's school is closed today" "Your son's school is closed today"

SNOW DAY!!!

Obviously I've celebrated by buying some new games on Steam.  Then my boy and I played some Diablo 3.  Now he's playing Plants vs Zombies Heroes while his sister plays The Sims 4, and I'm doing a quick bit of pre-lunch housework (clearly), just the bare minimum to alleviate the guilt from my lady still having to go to work. ;D

We shall have to build a snowman later - it's the law.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

It's raining here.  Just before bed, I checked the radar to see how the rain was moving.  For a lark, I zoomed the view all the way out and took a peek at jolly ol England and saw the snow signature.  Didn't know how much you were going to get.  Glad it turned in to a fun day for you and yours!  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

Snow days are nice. I am sure your kids enjoyed their snow day.

But there can be a down side to snow days if they are too numerous. When I was in junior high school, my school had so many snow days one winter that the students had to go to school half the summer to make up for them. :'(
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

^This is truth.

We had more snow days than I can remember the first half of this winter, then spring came early a few weeks ago.

60 degrees here today!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

we've lost 2 teacher workdays here to snow, but at least they're not cutting into Spring Break or making kids come in on Saturdays
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

Since we can operate 100% remotely snow days no longer exist for me. I get to still work 8+hours plus shovel for another 2.

This is on top of the fact that growing up my old man worked road department so he had to work when it snowed leaving me to shovel our driveway / walkways as a kid.

Needless to say at this point in life I hate the white shit.
Insert witty comment here.

mirth

Quote from: jamus34 on March 14, 2018, 08:22:17 AM

I've had to lay off the coke too.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

... yeah after 55 years of it I am truly getting tired of the white shit too. Seriously looking at retiring where ever that shit doesn't happen. Only stipulation is that the fishing has to be good.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Sir Slash

Come on down to Fla. Windy. We got no snow and lots of fish, you WERE talking about 'fishing' for fish right? Better hurry though, only about 5 million people ahead of you. I'll try to save you a spot.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Yes, because Floriduh needs more Canadistanians......  ::)
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Greybriar

Since I retired, snow doesn't bother me nearly as much as it once did. Now I can sit inside and look out the window at it. It's very pretty and makes things looks so clean.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: mirth on March 14, 2018, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on March 14, 2018, 08:22:17 AM

I've had to lay off the coke too.

:DD
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog