GH 2018 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by MetalDog, February 23, 2018, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Looking to see where the interest lies here.  I have two friends offline that want in.  Along with me, that makes three.  If I can get 10, I'll open up for business.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I'm in, and I check with Steve P (who is not on the forums here)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Awesome.  Tentatively setting the draft for Monday, March 26th at 9 p.m. EDT.  I know the season opens the 29th and that doesn't give much time to look at your roster and make moves, but, I have something from the 23rd to the 26th that won't allow me to participate until that night.  Any earlier in the month and you may miss out on vital injury info or final roster spots.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Got a third offline.  With me, Brant and OJsDad, that's 6.

Arctic Blast

Count my mediocrity in for another year!

MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Once Gary sees this, he's probably in

Bison, you back this year?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Speaking of Bison, I need him to renew the league.  Not sure why, as he signed over Commissionership to me, but, Yahoo insists it be the Commish that started the league.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 23, 2018, 10:54:39 PM
I'm in, and I check with Steve P (who is not on the forums here)

No Stephen this year

MetalDog

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

That's a yay/boo for me.  Yay that I don't have to face him.  And boo because I don't have to face him.

bayonetbrant

quick rules/league question - are defensive stats an option to include in the metrics at all?

MetalDog

Straight 5X5: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, Batting Average, Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, ERA, WHIP.  No defense to speak of.  So, WAR doesn't do you as good as it might in evaluating your guys.