Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

undercovergeek

I think it's perception, shooting, driving

For me I'm a marksman who can drive us through a flaming hoop, I just have no fkng clue what's going on

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 04, 2014, 09:17:30 AM
I'm at work and can't "roll"...so I used the website linked by BC

Die rolls are 5 - 2 - 8

So bob is bringing up the rear and he's not to shoot at anyone...interesting story in there I'm sure  :o

snarf snarf snarf  :crazy2:

...which one is the safety catch again?...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 04, 2014, 09:54:18 AM
I think it's perception, shooting, driving

For me I'm a marksman who can drive us through a flaming hoop, I just have no fkng clue what's going on

Very perceptive of you ... oh wait....

Silent Disapproval Robot

So if a 10 is a 0, should I re-roll my guy's stats?   Because he seems a little...you know....retarded.

Here's the re-roll.

6 - 9 - 7

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 04, 2014, 10:28:57 AM
So if a 10 is a 0, should I re-roll my guy's stats?   Because he seems a little...you know....retarded.

How many 0's did you roll?  ??? But yes, generally you want mid to higher numbers.... especially as yer a lowly PVT. If we do more missions and you survive there is the possibility of increasing yer stats if you do lots of good things, like kill Nazi's.  O0

Silent Disapproval Robot

Initial rolls were at the bottom of page 3  (5-0-2)

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 04, 2014, 10:38:35 AM
Initial rolls were at the bottom of page 3  (5-0-2)

Ah, missed it completely.

You're now in and we'll get the mission briefing prepped.

GDS_Starfury

Im in with a 7-7-3.  now wth are we doing?   :crazy2:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Barthheart

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 04, 2014, 11:26:15 AM
Im in with a 7-7-3.  now wth are we doing?   :crazy2:

Yer too late. You can join up next mission to replace someone if any get killed.

Barthheart

Mission Briefing

Listen up men. You are going to parachute into a small hamlet with the main mission of capturing, intact,
2 two small bridges. We expect these bridges to be rigged with explosives so you'll need to kill all the
Germans in the hamlet or un-wire the explosives. Oh and it's night so you can only see 5 hexes out.

Normally each of you can carry 2 port boxes worth of weapons and 6 ammo slots worth of ammo and small weapons.
However, while you are jumping you will only be able to carry 1 port box worth of weapons and your normal load
of ammo. But you cannot carry bazooka rounds down with you!
Because of this we will be sending a weapons canister with you. It has 4 port boxes and 8 ammo slots.

SSGT Undercovergeek, you have 44 weapon points (WP) with which to outfit all the members of your squad and the
weapons canister. This mission will require you to move quickly and be deadly so chose your weapons well. Also
I would not count on the weapons canister landing close to your men, damn thing always seems to drift off,
so don't put anything you really need in there.

Again, because you are jumping, you are restricted to the weapons you are allowed to take on this mission.

These are the weapons you can use:

Thompson submachine gun (SMG) - 1 port box, 6 WP cost.
Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) - 2 port boxes, 8 WP cost. (can only come down in weapon canister)
M1 Carbine (M1) - 1 port box, 2 WP cost.
Bazooka - 1 port box, 8 WP cost.
.45 Pistol - 1 ammo slot, 1 WP cost.

Ammo
5 clips of SMG ammo - 1 WP cost, 5 ammo slots
5 clips of BAR ammo - 1 WP cost, 5 ammo slots
5 clips of M1 ammo - 1 WP cost, 5 ammo slots
1 bazooka round - 1 WP cost, 1 ammo slot (can only come down in weapon canister)
3 Grenades - 1 WP cost, 3 ammo slots
Ammo can be split up among many men.

You can see here a recon map of the hamlet.

Because of the wind, you will be drifting in from the east.
The 2 bridges are located on the west side of the hamlet and are marked with stars.

There is a church with a high steeple on the east side of the hamlet (hex S13)... try to avoid hitting it while you are descending.

There is also a fast moving, ice cold stream. Don't land in it or you will probably drown before you can get your chute off.

Don't bunch up so as to make a good large target. But don't disperse completely either. Some of you have low initiative (IN),
and will need to be near your SGT's to keep from panicking when the shit hits the fan.

OK SSGT Geek, get yer men kitted out and assign them and the weapon canister an entrance hex, 1 per hex, on the map in the boxed area.

Any questions?

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I'm gonna hit that f&cking church steeple, I just know it.

I recall ALWAYS having a Soldier hit that damn thing regardless of play-through.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 04, 2014, 12:43:25 PM
I'm gonna hit that f&cking church steeple, I just know it.

I recall ALWAYS having a Soldier hit that damn thing regardless of play-through.

:2funny:

Me too.  :buck2:

BanzaiCat

SSGT Geek,

Let me know if you want me to take some of the set-up responsibilities. As a good assistant squad leader should.

(One step from the captain's chair...muwahahahahaha! Ahem...I mean, Yes, Sergeant!)