Tanks!

Started by bayonetbrant, February 18, 2013, 08:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Then the LST must be literally right off camera.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

its also probably taken somewhere in the Baltic or Black Sea which, IIRC, dont even have things like continental shelves and dramatic drop offs.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

It looks like a T-54, but I'm not 100% sure. It's a propaganda shot from the 60s.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Capn Darwin

It's a very cut and paste doctored shot in many areas. The masks and even some of the guys look pasted on.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

GDS_Starfury

such things were unheard of in Soviet Russia!!!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

In Soviet Union, photos doctor you!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 05, 2013, 08:51:16 PM
S-Tank! IRRC the Swedes actually designed the outside fuel tanks (diesel) to act as hydrostatic shock dampening armor.

Interesting. If you had 45degree cones, 8" at the base, made of simple terracotta clay like a plant pot, would they deflect the shaped charge of an RPG? It's liquid copper or something right? Ceramic is pretty hard, just glue a bunch of cones all over it. Chisel off when damaged, glue on another.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

My unedumacated guess would be that it depends on how much of the penetration is due to the force of the impact from molten copper on a small area (like a jet of water cutting steel by ablation) and how much from the superheating of the copper 'jet' actually melting it's way through like a plasma torch. Ceramics (of the non-Chobham kind, that is) would be a poor defender against narrowly focused kinetic force but might be a good insulator against extreme heat.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

If you put it like that it is no good. The point is to defocus for the next layer of armor so the shape is maybe more important that the brittleness of the material.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

W8taminute

Some more old school fun for you guys:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Windigo

rivets.... *shudder*
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Talk about boss fights...

eyebiter