[finished] Beliwyr Grogs (Dominions 5)

Started by Yskonyn, October 13, 2019, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Pfew, just played turn 20, but I have received quite a beating ...  :notworthy:
That serves me having a big mouth. :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Ok, @Ajidica you have now besieged both of my forts. I don't see any way to break the sieges.
Please state if you intend to press on (in which case I'll concede and turn AI) or you are going to back off and engage in diplomacy.  :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Ajidica

As I mentioned in the in-game messages, I will be gone on vacation from November 21 through November 30 and will be unable to enter turns. I would ask that the game be delayed until I am back from vacation.

Sorry for any inconveniences this causes!

Yskonyn

Ajidica

Thanks guys!

I look forward to resuming the game.

W8taminute

Good game so far.  I really like how things are turning out with this one.  Look forward to resuming after the Thanksgiving break.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Great fun! Wish I understood what is going on. Like sausages, I guess, more fun if you don't know what's involved.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Yskonyn

Well it seems my threats have come too early and I grossly underestimated the military capability of Ermor. :P
I'll keep playing until the end of course, if only to prevent anyone getting an unfair advantage due to going AI, but at this point the Storm of Caelum has pretty much subsided.
Good lesson was that I *really* should have waited until at least Storm was researched.
Second lesson was that my Bless effects were ineffective (Magic Weapons), because the Ice weapons of Caelum aparently are already treated as Magic Weapons. :S

W8taminute

The world must now wait to see how the vacuum left by Caelum will be filled.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Yskonyn

I wish to congratulate Ajidica on a successfully executed siege on my capital.
Caelum capitulates.  :hide:

As I am no longer a factor in this game I'd like to hand over managing to one of you guys.
The admin password is: Grogmin2019

Good luck to everyone! I'll keep monitoring this thread!

W8taminute

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 02, 2019, 05:17:51 PM
I wish to congratulate Ajidica on a successfully executed siege on my capital.
Caelum capitulates.  :hide:

As I am no longer a factor in this game I'd like to hand over managing to one of you guys.
The admin password is: Grogmin2019

Good luck to everyone! I'll keep monitoring this thread!

Tough break Ysk but thanks for putting this game together for us.  I do have experience managing Dominions games so I can step up for that position if everyone else agrees. 

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

W8taminute

Hi Yskonyn,

Could you set your nation to AI if you are done for good with the game?  One of us could do it as well but that would mean somebody would get an unfair advantage and see what lands you have and what is in them.

Ajidica

Good fight Yskonyn! I was worried at the start of the war and got an incredibly big break in that you staled when you did.

Yskonyn

Caelum has been turned over to the AI without any fortresses left, so I don't think anyone will have any unfair advantage. Ermor conquered all lands fairly.

Have fun and good luck guys.