Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

I won a diplomatic victory in Endless Spaceon turn 268 playing United Empire and closely allied with Pilgrims. I was also 86% of the way towards an expansion victory. Its nice to finally finish one of these games!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

MetalDog

Awesome feeling and awesome for you!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FarAway Sooner

I myself won Loren: Amazon Princess for the first time earlier this year.  Really enjoyed that title, although at times it made me feel a little bit like a dirty old man...

Sir Slash

I managed a win in CMBN's Kampgruppe Engel campaign, battle #7 "the Last Kilometer". Minor Victory but I'll take it in this very tough exit-only fight against the Polish 1st Armored Div. One more battle to go in this very enjoyable campaign. :-X
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

I just finished my Challenging level Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes game.  Yes, it is the one that I reloaded several times after losing battles.  No, I am not trumpeting, 'A MIGHTY VICTORY!'  I did learn what I needed to know though.  And that made it all worth it.  It was a world conquest Victory, if you're interested.  Six other civs.  The only other VC was completing the three quests.  Next game, I'll go up another level and see if I can apply what I learned without getting the smack down!

WallysWorld

Finally finished Penumbra: Black Plague, Penumbra: Requiem and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.

Might get the two other STALKER games as I liked Clear Sky a lot.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on February 25, 2015, 03:36:31 PM
I just finished my Challenging level Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes game.  Yes, it is the one that I reloaded several times after losing battles.  No, I am not trumpeting, 'A MIGHTY VICTORY!'  I did learn what I needed to know though.  And that made it all worth it.  It was a world conquest Victory, if you're interested.  Six other civs.  The only other VC was completing the three quests.  Next game, I'll go up another level and see if I can apply what I learned without getting the smack down!

O0 heh, well done

undercovergeek

ive created 3 decks now for WG:ALB

a British deck that i need to go back and tweak now i have a better understanding of airplanes

a US deck that swept everything off the map

and a Soviet deck that i just destroyed a Danish battlegroup with - we both forgot to bring AA (and hes the AI!) so there were a lot of planes

these 3 decks have beaten the opposition on the Highway to Oslo map - im going to change map, try the Soviet deck again and then build either a West German one or a Scandanavian one

MetalDog

Thank you, sir!  I would like it better if the game were MP, but, solo is challenging from the beginning until you get the ball rolling.  And it's essential to have a source of Iron and one of Crystal.  Without one or the other, you are well and truly !@#$%^

undercovergeek

i havent invested nearly enough time in the game to even know that piece of wisdom - i have a week off next week - i might dedicate a day or 2 to the game

MetalDog

Be prepared to use your Pioneers (aka Settlers) to make Outposts.  Anything in an Outpost's Zone of Control is available to be used in the nearest city to it that you own.  Once you have built the appropriate building on it, the Resource is yours.  In my last game, I had two cities and three Outposts when Kraxis declared war on me with his ten cities.  And I won.

undercovergeek

what size map did you choose?

W8taminute

The last game I finished was the single player campaign story in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.  I haven't finished a strategy game in ages.  Just don't have the brain computing power at the end of the day to think clearly through a strategy game anymore.   :(

I've been in a strategy gaming rut for a while now.  Mindless action games seem to occupy most of my gaming time now.  Help!  Is there something wrong with me?  I used to revel in playing nothing but strategy games.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 25, 2015, 07:23:57 PM
what size map did you choose?

Whatever the largest one was.  Six opponents balanced between good guys and bad guys.  Very late in the game, I got a dragon and they are BAD!  ASS!  I noticed that in the end game, if you apply yourself to getting the research that increases your Army size and your Unit size, you will always have better troops.  Even if they are the same unit, by building them with more soldiers in the Unit and more Units able to be included in your Army, you should win most times.  Even in Auto - Resolve.  The AI tends not to keep up with Unit size. 

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on February 25, 2015, 09:10:26 PM
The last game I finished was the single player campaign story in Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.  I haven't finished a strategy game in ages.  Just don't have the brain computing power at the end of the day to think clearly through a strategy game anymore.   :(

I've been in a strategy gaming rut for a while now.  Mindless action games seem to occupy most of my gaming time now.  Help!  Is there something wrong with me?  I used to revel in playing nothing but strategy games.

Nope.  Just your impending old age.