"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatricvs

I do hope the Emperor is in fine fettle for the morrow....we wouldn't want him to be under-the-weather on such an auspicious day! And there was I thinking it was always the other extremities rather than the ears that caused him difficulties before big battles?

Brunswick

James Sterrett

Quote from: Hatricvs on November 25, 2017, 03:56:20 PM
I do hope the Emperor is in fine fettle for the morrow....we wouldn't want him to be under-the-weather on such an auspicious day! And there was I thinking it was always the other extremities rather than the ears that caused him difficulties before big battles?

You might well ponder this, and add to it the understanding that officers prefer to report to the Emperor loudly, rather than trying to whisper in his ear.

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Pinetree

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: Pinetree on November 26, 2017, 11:01:28 PM
Panzer, Marsch!!

...bugger, wrong game..

Don't worry. At the pace this game is going, the Panzer will be invented soon enough :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Well, "panzer" derives from the French "pansier" for armor plating, and while we don't have any armor plating anymore (thanks to the advent of rifles) we do have cooking pans (from which our term for armor plating was derived). And we're marching.

Therefore, the phrase still stands as valid: the French shall indeed march, with our cooking pans!

("Hey, don't make fun. This is how I got through college.")

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0800, 18th October 1806!

Oh, what madness is this?!?

Cyrano

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on November 27, 2017, 11:28:50 PM
Game Time Is: 0800, 18th October 1806!

Oh, what madness is this?!?

"{pause to gather thoughts}...the French." -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano