"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1400 12 October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1500 12 October 1806

If you have received no messages from Control, presume that you have no enemy contacts and are marching under the orders submitted.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1600 12 October 1806

Two hours to dusk.  Three to darkness!

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1700 12 October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1800 12 October 1806

It is now dusk.  Night falls in one hour.

I will review final situation reports at nightfall, call out for those who would like further situational updates, and then begin calculating fatigue.

Imagine my good fortune.

I embrace you all.

Control  :peace:

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on December 05, 2016, 12:42:27 AM
I will review final situation reports at nightfall, call out for those who would like further situational updates, and then begin calculating fatigue.

You should be letting us know when our specific divisions accumulate fatigue, and how much; and if you've been doing that already, corps commanders should be passing that long in their dispatches, at least to their senior commanders; and if the Prussians have been doing that already, French commanders should be passing along your division fatigues to me, so I don't accidentally ask for something extra-disastrous.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Bah! Weak Frenchies need sleep and rest to fight effectively.   L:-)

Real men sleep while they march!   :bd:

JasonPratt

Hey, our froofy lace things don't wash themselves!

Fortunately, we pay our servants in wine.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Cyrano

I am keeping fatigue largely under the hood, other than to tell the affected commanders whether their troops have become gassed or not.  I'm trying to avoid system-gaming at all costs!

One thing all commanders should know is that anything in the evening accrues extra fatigue and units may only march for 20 hours before requiring four hours' rest.

Control

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  1900 12 October 1806

It is now full night.

I would like to take a moment to thank all participants for their incredible level of responsiveness, interest, and participation.  I wondered at the outset whether folks would stay engaged and I am nigh astonished to say that they have.  With the conclusion of daylight 12th October orders I can say that I have processed more than 200 orders, dispatches, &c., and each one of them has done its part to tell a portion of a fascinating story.  I don't want to divulge too much, but I can say I am making a record that I will share when all is completed.

Thanks to you all and if you wonderful people all come to Origins in 2017, PanzerDe and I (we'll make Dr. S. and Barth help) will run a killer late-night VdL game  :bd:!!

Again, please hit me up for SitReps if you feel them lacking, otherwise, matters will quickly move through the evening and I'll send out a call for 0600 orders for 13th October.

Best,

Control

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  2000 12 October 1806

I'll creep the time along a bit juuuust in case someone needs to catch up.  That way I do less damage to the timeline should something crop up.

Cyrano

Game Time Is:  2200 12 October 1806

Two more hours until fatigue-calculatin' time...

That's my favorite!  :bd:

JasonPratt

Is fatigue calculation fatiguing?

And does that add to fatigue?

IS THIS ONE OF THOSE INCEPTIONY THINGS I READ ABOUT ON TEH INTERNET!?

Cyrano

It is!

Especially when you have to do it in the dark.

Which is a double entendre intended to suggest both fornication and the marching of troops in darkness which is, in the event, subject to additional fatigue.

Barthheart

Wait... what? The French troops are fornicating in the dark?  :hide: