What's the latest news?

Started by Staggerwing, September 21, 2013, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

rdockal

Two good questions.  We are looking into an option to purchase the game via download without the paper manual that will come with the other ways of purchasing.

As for music, we will have something.  Probably like RGW, but that has not been decided yet.

Ron

jnpoint

Quote from: rdockal on February 12, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Two good questions.  We are looking into an option to purchase the game via download without the paper manual that will come with the other ways of purchasing.

As for music, we will have something.  Probably like RGW, but that has not been decided yet.

Ron

I only buy download these days, so I'm pleased to hear that it might be possible in the near future.
A few questions though:
- are there music in-game?
- what level of complexity is there in this game - basic, intermediate, advanced?
- are there really no videos of gameplay, really?

thanks.

rdockal

Oh yes, we definitely plan on making videos of gameplay and posting them, perhaps on this site.  I have a list in mind.  It is such a great way to show how to move a unit, create a battle, execute a combat, and so on.  I think the ones that last one minute or less are the most effective ones. It covers one topic, and is a "rifle shot" instead of a "shotgun" approach to communication.

Ron

rdockal

Status for WWII-Europe:

1. Completed Scenario #24 Kasserine Pass.  Started #25 which completes the North Africa battles.
2. Playtest #3 starts when #25 battle is built.
3. Collected all of the comments received from playtesters so far, and made my change list.

The plan is for PT#3 to continue through the summer to complete the game.  I am a little concerned that even with install software that compresses the code and data, I may still be looking at a two CDROM game.  There is a lot of information in this game!  I may be forced to implement game downloads, and sell paper manuals and reference cards via postal mail!

Ron

Staggerwing

What about offering a DVD instead of CD as an alternative to downloads? That way you could keep both a complete box option and a complete D/L option. You could even offer both together as an option for a few dollars over box price. It's not exactly unheard of.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Boggit

I'm really looking forward to this. I have AGW, and MEW and both are excellent, although the AGW interface is a bit of a struggle...
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

rdockal

WWII-Europe development status:
1. 34 out of 102 scenarios built and in playtest
2. Just connected the AI.  Enhanced the air AI, and am now working on the ground AI.
3. Plan to release in October.  Not all scenarios will be built, but they will be completed and made available for free as downloads.

Ron

Staggerwing

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Ron.  :)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

rdockal

Status for WWII-Europe development:

1. Scenarios developed is now at 45.  I am now focusing on the Blitzkrieg East Front 1942, which covers the Spring-Summer of 1942.

2. Playtest 3 is continuing.  Based on the PT#3 comments, I have improved the PBEM and Computer Opponent sequences of play, put in a "Back" key to return display to last source hex of a move operation, and addressed 6 bugs found.

3. Continuing to post screen shots on Facebook.  Follow/Like us on Schwerpunkt PC Wargames.

Ron

pzgndr

FYI, from Wargamer http://www.wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=589376 a few days ago:

QuoteHello,

I did some analysis and planning to see what WWII-Europe will look like on Dec 1st.  If I go any later than that, then release will be September 2015 with all scenarios completed.

On December 1st, I will have 51 scenarios completed:
#2-7. Blitzkrieg 1939-1941 (7)
#10-25. North Africa 1940-1943 (16)
#27-32. Italy (6)
#35,#37. France 1944-1945 (2)
#43-#51. East Front Blitzkrieg 1941 (9)
#53-#56. East Front Winter Offensive 1941-1942 (4)
#58-#63. East Front Blitzkrieg 42 (6)
#91 Bagration

After release, I envision some additional changes (that is normal for all games).  I also pledge to complete the remaining 51 scenarios and make them available for free download as they are build and tested.

So, I want to get your opinions.  Is it best to release the game in that state with a promise to complete the other 51 scenarios and make changes as the community gets a consensus on items?  Or is it best to wait until September 2015 and release the completed game at that time?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.  As always, I value the opinion of the wargaming community here at The Wargamer.  Final decison rests with Schwerpunkt.

Ron.

If interested, provide your thoughts to Ron.