#TBT: Gaming Nostalgia!

Started by bayonetbrant, July 14, 2015, 09:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I could grab my old Car Wars gear and do an article. After all the other articles, that is. Oh, and podcast. Podcast and articles. Lulz.

Cyrano

First time I ever encountered the pernicious effect of feature creep.  But the game in the leetle box was unfettered joy and genius.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

JasonPratt

Wow, a game that's checkmarked for both Level 2 and Level 3!  :2funny: O0

Some seriously nostalgic ads though!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Today's entry should get some chuckles...

Bison

I want to believe that is a joke.  Seriously.  Tell me that's a joke.

bayonetbrant

Bison

Ha!  That's hilarious.  One rating for a one star. 

Double Deuce

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2016, 09:40:41 PM
s'no joke. that was a real game.

https://rpggeek.com/rpg/1737/dallas

Damn! Now that theme song is stuck in head . . . you all need to suffer too.   8)

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

The key word in the Dallas RPG description is "family," as in "Dallas is a family role-playing game."

Personally, I'd rather play Scot Free with the family. Looks like loads of fun.

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 31, 2016, 07:48:09 AM
gamebooks!
http://grogheads.com/?p=9677

Man, I used to love the Endless Quest books

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endless_Quest

I think Return to Brookmere was the first one I read and I collected a bunch of others.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus