The Epic Saga of TALKING KITTY!

Started by JasonPratt, May 15, 2019, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

So it begins, March 2008...

Eleven (plus) years later...

The modern Garfield of our times. Still going!

(Note: not audibly safe for work sometimes.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

These things are so addictive....

I have found the true beginning. Sort of.

As usual soft-R language.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Another early side-entry for today (despite the thumbnail he added later, it's all about Sylvester -- there aren't any other cats yet):

And today's classic entry:

"Y'know, you're being a real asshole." "Yup."

JasonPratt

Today's entry introduces the first side character to the Talking Kitty saga (and mostly isn't about Sylv, therefore):

So arrives the "Opie". Or "Shelby" rather.

Back to more talking kitty per se tomorrow. I'm going to aim for posting around 5 minutes of videos a day, so I'll be caught up in about a month.

JasonPratt

Today's five-ish minutes covers a lot of territory.

First off, this footage explains a lot of the talking kitty's attitude later. (Aside from cats being just crazy and/or asshats.)

The NSFW language starts up again in the rest of today's entries, so...

Next: "Y'know, if you ever have that problem again, we can always get the dog." "nnnNNOOOO!"

"Look, you need to tell her you're sorry." "....no."

Regarding the humorous cursing. "Kitty's harsh words hurt my heart."

"It's been seven days since you attacked the dog. Y'know what that means?" "...what." "Wet food!" "GASP!"  :DD

JasonPratt

Hm, this really should have been posted earlier, before ep 5, but in my defense Steve posted it later and I didn't notice, so...

"Dude! You're gonna kill yourself over wet food? C'mon!"

Go ahead, chase the laser dot! -- just don't touch the cat.

And last today, the introduction of the next new character... a big favorite among Talking Kitty fans! (This ep also features rare signs of Steve's girlfriend/fiancee.)

JasonPratt

Something that isn't always very evident in this saga, is how much time goes past between entries. That first "mean kitty" song, with footage from when Sylvester was a kitten? That was eleven years ago.

Today's entries are from 8 years ago. Three-ish years have passed in the past five days of posting these.

That's part of what I mean when I say these things are an epic saga.  :smitten:

"Are you even going to try to get along with the kitten?" "No!"

This next video isn't mostly about the talking kitty saga; it just shows some behind the scene stuff (and talks about Steve's music projects). It can be skipped, but it does include some cat action and timing context, so I'm including it for completeness. (But not in the five minutes target for these posts, since it's very skippable.)

Gibson starts learning to talk. Sort of. "Wow, even creepier than before. Sylvester, you have anything to say about this?" "....meow."

Audio cameo from the girlfriend again! -- also, catnip enters the story for the first time.

Not for the last time either. ;)

JasonPratt

In today's entries...!

Gibson says his first words! -- starting a running joke. "HELP!"

This is more of a bonus video, totally skippable. It will hurt your ears.  :buck2: No talking kitty per se, it's all about playing with Gibson.

Quite explainable. "Man, Gibson has got to learn another word!" "...f-ing kitten." "Yeah, I know."

JasonPratt

"Ah, crap, it's not here." "GO! BACK!"

"Just for today--" "ECCHH!" Gibson learns his second word, kicking off a running plotline.

"Kitty!" "what." "Do you want a treat?" "Hell yeah!" Mostly about playing with Gibson tho, being cute.  :smitten:

JasonPratt

Progress on the Todd storyline (plus cuteness and asshattery):

JasonPratt

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" "Yeah, I know, it's lame, huh!" "PLEASE!"

Note, y'all should be checking the box covers, if you're not already. "Crunchies! -- specially formulated for bad kitties!"

At this point there's a continuity blip. Talking Kitty Ep 13 was part of Steve's "main channel", since this one started being devoted more to TK related things; but Steve's main channel is gone now. There are fan edit recreations sort of, but they they clearly happen AFTER Sylvester returns, which would thus be after episode 14 (as Steve and his waifu and pets are preparing to move for the first time in the series).

This is the closest I can get to the secret episode, I think, revealing what's up with Todd (sort of):

JasonPratt

The family has moved into their new house. Sylvester really likes the new table.
"Sylvester, we have to eat there!" "SO??!"

This has an epilogue where the search for Todd continues, which doesn't quite make sense do the (now sort-of missing) Episode 13. But whatev.

Not as much talking kitty in this side ep, but I include it for completion.

Hey, should we just go to ten minutes a day? Sure, if you've gotten this far then you either want more TK in your life, or you've already gone over to binge Steve's channel, so why not!

You might have seen a clue near the wet food back in Ep 15, about some of the plot coming up in this ep...

I'm unsure if or where the original footage of Sylvester coming home from the vet is incorporated. But there's an alternate extended ending to this video, which in itself sets up some plotlines later. Because the Talking Kitty has discovered computers now...

JasonPratt

A music video about the Talking Kitty, but it has quite a bit of talking in it at key points.

Also, that video introduces the topic for the next video...
"Look, we've gotta talk. Shelby has been really, really depressed lately." "--AND!?!"  :2funny:

So, exactly how does Steve get his kitties (mostly Sylvester) to talk?

Last for today, no plot progression but whoops, out of food again:

JasonPratt

"Let me the f-k OUT!" "Fine, you little b--rd! Don't come back until you get a new attitude! Jeez."

"Kitty kitty, what're you doin'?" "...nnnnnnnNothing." A plotline returns (as hinted in the prior video)...

"How come you didn't tell me he was still out there?!" "Oops!"

JasonPratt

Now up to 7 years ago...

"Kitty kitty kitty, are you ready?" "go away."

"Hey, that was pretty rough, you gonna be okay?" "...i dunno"

A new story development which shall be revisited on occasion...!

"Y'know what, it doesn't matter, we can always look back on the surveillance camera." "{gasp!}"

The "scary scary world" song at the end doesn't seem to have ever had a video attached, which is probably just as well as it doesn't fit Sylvester's attitude. The basic concept will be revised into a video later, however, with a much more Sylv-ish song: "It's a stupid, stupid world!"