Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Heh I learned that same lesson as well.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I learned that the world fockin' hates Carthage and half my neighbors are at war with me within 10 turns ;D
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 12, 2019, 02:09:55 PM
I learned that the world fockin' hates Carthage and half my neighbors are at war with me within 10 turns ;D

Harsh.....but fair many would say :-)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Quote from: devoncop on July 12, 2019, 03:16:19 PM

Hey now.  The Carthaginians are merely defending Carthage in Sicily, Sardinia, Iberia, and west Africa.  They were comin' right at us!  Existing so menacingly!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 12, 2019, 03:23:06 PM
Quote from: devoncop on July 12, 2019, 03:16:19 PM

Hey now.  The Carthaginians are merely defending Carthage in Sicily, Sardinia, Iberia, and west Africa.  They were comin' right at us!  Existing so menacingly!

The word "defending" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence  ;)

Gusington

Pontus loves and is loved by all. Not sure about Bactria.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on July 12, 2019, 11:52:24 AM
Hopefully. I posted in one of the other FogE threads that in my Pontus game I am doing reasonably well but I cannot tell you why, yet. I do get that 'just one more turn' feeling though and I think learning wtf is going on will be more fun than work. Going to check out the Dastactic videos too.

My next major campaign decision is choosing which neighbor to go to war with. My last great discovery was learning the links between manpower, food and my military. A lot of digital Pontus dwellers were not happy with my learning curve.

Gus-In the MP game, remember that your opponents can see your manpower, metal and gold.  If they see you getting consistently low on two or more of the components, they may start to view you as being ripe for the picking.  I think of it like airspeed and altitude in flying: It is very bad to be low on both.  You can sometimes overcome being low on one of the components (gold, manpower or metal) with some decisions that allow you to trade one of them you have a surplus in for one you have a shortage of.  But don't get low on two of them, and try to keep a nice surplus (Figure 300 of each) on hand whenever possible)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Okay, I'm clearly doing something very wrong: buying the game on Steam doesn't register my game in my Slitherine account; and that needs to register before I can play mp.

I've double-checked my Slitherine account login information -- I can log in there fine, and see what games I've registered and which not. FoG:Emp (and FoG2 for that matter), not registered.

If I try to go there from within the game, and login that way, login fails.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 12, 2019, 04:37:26 PM
Okay, I'm clearly doing something very wrong: buying the game on Steam doesn't register my game in my Slitherine account; and that needs to register before I can play mp.

I've double-checked my Slitherine account login information -- I can log in there fine, and see what games I've registered and which not. FoG:Emp (and FoG2 for that matter), not registered.

If I try to go there from within the game, and login that way, login fails.

Jason,

I am confused. I bought the game on Steam but did not register it on the Sltherine site. That is not necessary to my knowledge.

All you need to do to access MP is to go into MP in game and enter your slitherine forum user name and password.

JasonPratt

I have done that continuously.

Just tried again. Same result: "not logged in."  :pullhair:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Okay, wait. Apparently my username and password for the Matrix/Slitherine site isn't the same as for the forums? And it's the forum username and password that they're looking for?!?

Just confirmed that my Slitherine username and password for my account (e.g. checking on my registration of games) doesn't work for Slitherine forums.

JasonPratt

Well, that was at least three thousand percent insane, but yep! -- the game wants the Slitherine forum username and password, not the Slitherine ACCOUNT username and password. And my passwords were (slightly) different.

Note to self, improve those passwords.

Anyway, I can get in now.

JasonPratt

QuoteHaving checked the MP set up procedure with the devs I can now announce that our game will open up for players to sign into it on 11th July 2019 (release day). Password for the game will be sent to all players by PM that day.

.......checking p-mail....

:-\

JasonPratt

Quote from: devoncop on July 11, 2019, 09:41:57 AM
Message to All MP players

CHECK YOUR PM INBOXES .......Password sent out for our MP game  :bd: :bd: :bd:

.....missing mine?

besilarius

"Hey now.  The Carthaginians are merely defending Carthage in Sicily, Sardinia, Iberia, and west Africa.  They were comin' right at us!  Existing so menacingly!"

You have to remember that Rome conquered the world in self defense.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.