Main Menu

Rugby World Cup 2015

Started by JudgeDredd, August 14, 2015, 08:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

So much for Fortress Twickenham....Aussies far too good.  Foley had an excellent game, I don't think we'll see Quade Cooper again. The pressure of hosting too much for England? A lot of the English press will be eating their words right about now.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

JudgeDredd

Yep...eventually totally outmatched.

Unlucky England. Good fight, just not good enough.

I honestly thought English pride would pull it off. I thought it'd be enough
Alba gu' brath

Pinetree

Oh, and another great win for Japan this morning too. They looked superb and their scrum was awesome. Samoa were pretty poor though, indiscipline letting them down.

Pinetree

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2015, 04:42:24 PM
Yep...eventually totally outmatched.

Unlucky England. Good fight, just not good enough.

I honestly thought English pride would pull it off. I thought it'd be enough

So did I actually, but the Wallaby pack stepped up big time. I think the tournament as a whole will lose some oomph with England gone.

JudgeDredd

Yeah...good win for Japan. I almost hope Japan go through to the quarters rather than Scotland because they look hungrier for it.

I'm also kind of hoping Samoa keep that indiscipline up. They've got nothing to lose next week...so they are very dangerous
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

i mentally placed a tenner on us not getting out of the group

JudgeDredd

wow. How depressing is it for a Scot to believe more than yourself? 😁
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

i dunno, i also placed a tenner on you getting out of yours!!  :'(

i honestly thought it would come down to who Fiji beat, arrogantly thinking we would beat everyone else but Australia and someone would lose to Fiji - its all the fault of Wales, they should have behaved like good subordinates and let us win

still - theres always the six nations, where we get to watch you lot lose all the games

Pinetree

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2015, 04:46:51 PM
Yeah...good win for Japan. I almost hope Japan go through to the quarters rather than Scotland because they look hungrier for it.

I'm also kind of hoping Samoa keep that indiscipline up. They've got nothing to lose next week...so they are very dangerous
They're playing for 3rd place in the pool which gives them automatic qualification for the next RWC so they'll be up for it.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 03, 2015, 05:28:59 PM
i dunno, i also placed a tenner on you getting out of yours!!  :'(
Well that was just plain daft!! Now you're just burning money!  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

So two VERY important Scotland players have been cited by an Australian for dangerous tackling and have been given 3 WEEK bans each!! 3 Weeks gents.

There have been "chop" tackles (where a player just throws themselves at the feet of the running opposition...not dissimilar to tripping which is a professional foul) with AT MOST a penalty given...there's been "neck rolls" with AT MOST penalties given...there's been "spear" tackles with AT MOST a yellow card given and at times a penalty only (when the ref deemed it to not be malicious)...and these two get a 3 WEEK ban for clearing out a ruck...which is the nastiest place to be in a rugby game!

Unbelievable. I'm not pissed for Scotland. It's likely (very?) that they were going to lose on Sunday anyway...I'm pissed for the players. The ruck is a messy place and it takes ALOT to clear the ruck to protect the ball. All sorts of things go wrong but they are often NOT malicious and NOT meant.

Ross Ford will not play in another World Cup given his age and this is Jonny Gray's first. Both are key front row'ers for Scotland.

On another note...I just turned corporate tickets to go...

• 13:00 - Champagne Reception
  • 13:30 - 4 Course Lunch with Question and Answer Session with Players
  • 15:30 - To Twickenham for the game
  • 16:00 - Watch the game
  • 17:30 - Back to reception and Free Bar
  • 19:00 - Free Bar Closes
Long story - but I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to say yes!  :idiot2:
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

JudgeDredd

I know...it seems mental - but there was a whole host of events that led to the turning down of said item - it doesn't seem logical from the outside and even doesn't seem logical now, but it was at the time of the offer.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

It seems common sense has returned to the world of rugby with both Scottish players being reinstated

It was a mental decision in the first place - but I'm glad they're back. It likely won't change the outcome...Australia are in a class of their own - well...were until New Zealand showed up with that outstanding performance against the French!  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Looks like it's going to be an all Southern Hemisphere semi final lineup.  :-\

All 3 southern hemisphere teams have played outstanding rugby in the quarter finals. The intensity they play at is unparalleled.

Let's see how Australia fare...it'll be a win - it's just a case of by how much! Can Scotland hold up their heads in defeat and keep the score respectable?  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath