Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar

Started by Destraex, August 25, 2018, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Destraex on April 01, 2019, 04:09:38 PM
Yeah I agree. I had a couple of mates who missed it or even who did not read and were annoyed they could not just come back and play it 56hrs later. But to eugen this really is a beta and not a pr excersize it seems. They are focused on polishing and debugging rather than the customer at this stage.

Fair enough.  I admit I wasn't going to play with it for bug reporting.  However, I still think they could've had better results with that by having the Beta over the weekend.  Even if I was going to stress and bug test heavily, I had more time to do it then.

I'm lucky enough to have an unconventional work schedule and get to pick my days off, but I still concentrate all my hours on the weekdays because that's when my clients are in their offices.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Pete Dero

Players who have pre-ordered the game will be able to play the Steel Division 2 Beta from next Thursday and for the whole weekend, and try awesome new Divisions on new Maps, as well as a brand-new, unannounced 5-Player Coop mode!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1733230845855233748

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 02, 2019, 12:14:24 PM
Players who have pre-ordered the game will be able to play the Steel Division 2 Beta from next Thursday and for the whole weekend, and try awesome new Divisions on new Maps, as well as a brand-new, unannounced 5-Player Coop mode!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1733230845855233748

Good deal.  My need for an Eastern Front fix has been so strong I've considered getting the early access for IL2 Tank Crew.

This should put me off that for at least a little longer.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 02, 2019, 03:00:33 PM

Good deal.  My need for an Eastern Front fix has been so strong I've considered getting the early access for IL2 Tank Crew.

This should put me off that for at least a little longer.

If you have VR, I would tell you to buy Tank Crew immediately.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 02, 2019, 03:53:27 PM

I don't. 

I've been holding off to see what the single player will look like. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 02, 2019, 04:09:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 02, 2019, 03:53:27 PM

I don't. 

I've been holding off to see what the single player will look like.

I only play it single player. Its a good tank sim, as is, but in VR...it is exceptional.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 02, 2019, 04:21:01 PM

I only play it single player. Its a good tank sim, as is, but in VR...it is exceptional.

Fine, twist my arm.  I guess I'm finally getting this one too. 

Good thing I've had a good month of commission.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Rayfer

SirAndrewD

jamus34

I would have to do a hard drill down on my games vs scotch budget over the years. I think games still wins but scotch is quickly rising.
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

Quote from: jamus34 on April 03, 2019, 12:27:58 PM
I would have to do a hard drill down on my games vs scotch budget over the years. I think games still wins but scotch is quickly rising.

If you drink enough whiskey you will not remember you spend money on the game !

I got my game on Gamesplanet at 20% off.  Today you can still get it there at 15% off, but it is only available in Europe.

https://fr.gamesplanet.com/game/steel-division-2-steam-key--3886-1
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/steel-division-2-steam-key--3886-1?ref=itad

This is an official store and the key gives you beta access :

If you have pre-ordered Steel Division 2 on Steam, a new game, called "Steel Division 2 - Beta" has now appeared on your account. If you have pre-purchased the game through our online shop[www.steeldivision2.com], on Humble Bundle[www.humblebundle.com] or Gameplanet[fr.gamesplanet.com], your key has been sent by email and/or is available in your humble/gamesplanet account.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1812043205770409072

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Pete Dero on April 03, 2019, 12:41:48 PM

If you drink enough whiskey you will not remember you spend money on the game !

It's equal parts disturbing and amusing how much I relate to this sentence.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd