On the Western Front - WWI Division Simulator

Started by ArizonaTank, August 29, 2023, 10:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

"On the Western Front" - I think the best way to describe the game is a 'division simulator.'

https://store.steampowered.com/app/866400/On_The_Western_Front/

I bought it on sale. The game is still in a rough place, but definitely deserves watching.

I am impressed with where the game is going. The dev seems dedicated and passionate about the subject.

The dev made an interesting choice of game engines: GODOT. Would love to see this work out.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

I've had this on my wish list for a while but sneer at early access.

How rough is it? I mean, it's only 7.99 so I am willing to get it if it's somewhat playable.

I noticed that Isonzo, the Eastern Front, etc. are also in some game menus. Can we use those maps yet or are they to come?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2023, 10:27:31 AMI've had this on my wish list for a while but sneer at early access.

How rough is it? I mean, it's only 7.99 so I am willing to get it if it's somewhat playable.

I noticed that Isonzo, the Eastern Front, etc. are also in some game menus. Can we use those maps yet or are they to come?
Yes, Isonzo and Eastern Front are options for play.

Can't really answer how playable it is yet. I am still plugging through the tutorials. And they frankly are in need of some polishing. Also, I noticed sometimes the game seems to slow down on my rig...then come back.

But for me, at $7.99, I just skip a couple of coffees and I'm there...:) So far, looks like a good gamble if you are into WWI.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

No one is into WWI more than me. Sold! Emailing you the receipt  :tophat:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I will say this - the writing in this game is great. Is the game locked into only one screen resolution?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DetCord

After the disappointment that was Great War: Western Front, this looks really good. I didn't even know it had been out this long.