We'll be sitting on a beach, making 20%...

Started by JasonPratt, May 15, 2018, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Have _you_ ever wanted to end up like Hans Gruber from the first Die Hard film, except not a scummy murderer and also not dropped 64 floors from a high-rise?

Me, too!!  :D

Fortunately, the no-fee mutual fund CLM, during its usual monthly dividend yesterday, accidentally triggered mass computer panic, signalling a stampede straight down from $16 last week to a bounce off the high $14.40s this morning (if I recall correctly).

This means everyone in CLM got their value wiped out, but I was giggling pretty hard because CLM has been paying a rock-steady dividend every month (and even went up a little this past quarter). Back last summer it was around 10% per year (though more than that if you reinvested each month's dividend), but right now it's somewhere over nineteen percent annually (even without monthly reinvestment). And might drop to 20% pretty easily before sanity recovers! -- my guess is we've got another day or two before the dead cats start to bounce.

This isn't one of those stocks you don't buy to sell off later at a profit. This is one of those stocks you buy to get monthly retirement checks on someday.

So I thought I'd share the opportunity while the getting is good!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

where on the insider trading spectrum does this information fall?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Windigo

JP Windbag is shilling??????

what is this world coming too?    :hug:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

Eh, the stock has done very well for me, so I thought I'd share. It isn't a boiler room situation -- I have no connection to CLM in any way (other than owning their stock).

Thus also not insider trading. ;)

The stock jumped back up to $15 by the end of day yesterday, a little unexpectedly, so _someone_ realized it was underpriced and jumped on locking in that dividend. (Or rather a bunch of someones; the stock has a lot of volume activity every day, and more than usual this week for obvious reasons.) It's still a well-performing stock with a profitable technical glitch that market pressures will normalize sooner or later. Just a little less profitable than yesterday -- but still worth jumping on. (Almost 19% instead of over 19%.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

em2nought

When I was 18 and money market rates were around 20%  I used to think to myself all I had to do was save around $100,000 and I'd live off the interest.  LOL  :DD  I always seem to be in the wrong boat since then, just hope I get my close to $100,000 out of the boat I've got it in now.  That "boat" has been providing pretty decent paying jobs for three guys other than me, and if I can get my dinero back yet I'll consider it a success.
Stolen elections have consequences.