What did you do today...

Started by JudgeDredd, October 28, 2016, 07:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Got home from work this morning.  Ate dinner.  Took a nap.  Got up and had dinner again.  Went with a few friends to the bar for the costume contest.  Am now drunk-posting. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

I've changed my mind.  Am gonna go play drunk Stellaris.  The galaxy ain't ready for this...  >:D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

I graded exams, was a sideboy at a retirement ceremony for a colleague, and took my son to his homecoming football game.

Not a really fun day, but it is what it is.  The surfboard, sadly, sat in the car unused.  Just couldn't get the motivation to paddle out on such a gray, windy, small day.  Plus, I didn't really have time.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 28, 2016, 04:36:38 PM
I shouted at incompetent staff

I shouted at incompetent students

well, I shouted at the assignments they turned in.  fortunately, the students weren't present
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Ran 4 miles with my daughters and a buddy of theirs, cleaned the kitchen, actually got the leaf blower started and ran it for a half hour before it died 😡, cleaned the dishes, prepped a fire in the fireplace for tomorrow and figured out a costume for tonight's party. Have to actually go out and buy a wig now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Today I graded four exams, did 45 minutes on the elliptical, and did chores around the house.  I'm going to take a shower shortly, and then kick back and play a video game.  I don't know what yet, but something.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

nelmsm

Made a 350 mile roundtrip so wife and I could spend 6 hours with the young grandkids.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I went to the nerd store and nerded it up by playing Mansions of Madness and stuffing my gelatinous gob with pizza and garlic toast.

Man, ever since I started getting back into board gaming the diet and exercize regimen's gone to shit and it wasn't any great shakes beforehand.  Probably stuffed 2500 calories down my throat and my fitbit's telling me I've got a whopping 2,945 steps in today.

Hofstadter

Started handfeeding the baby conures. Also looking up a post grad course, probably a masters of teaching online.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Sir Slash

Need pics. Of the babies of course-- not the course.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hofstadter

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/t31.0-8/14918936_10153995761806629_1623758092587726381_o.jpg

Pic of the conures, its way too big to embed.

Had my first driving lesson today, considering ive NEVER been behind the wheel and I got taken out onto a FRIGGIN HIGHWAY that was terrifying
My wargaming channel

MetalDog

Driving IS terrifying!  Next time, ask someone to take you to a vacant lot so you can get a feel for stopping and starting.  Good luck!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hofstadter

Quote from: MetalDog on November 03, 2016, 10:50:16 PM
Driving IS terrifying!  Next time, ask someone to take you to a vacant lot so you can get a feel for stopping and starting.  Good luck!

There isnt any vacant areas near me unfortunately. Its really hard to learn when i cant make the errors i need to make in order to adjust :/
My wargaming channel