Dreadnought open beta

Started by Shelldrake, May 18, 2017, 11:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelldrake

Is anyone playing this one? Any impressions? Visuals look pretty sweet.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

The visuals look great, but no single player kills it for me. Also, the ships are controlled in the third person and don't feel like large capital ships to me. It doesn't help that many maps are located in atmosphere very close to the ground...i mean, wtf?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

No single player?! I was to busy drooling over the visuals.

Pass.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

So World of Warships in space...or near-earth atmosphere?
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

I'm with mirth and JH...needs some kind of sp campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on May 18, 2017, 01:03:15 PM
I'm with mirth and JH...needs some kind of sp campaign.

Same. MP only is a no go
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Gusington

Maybe one day if this game makes money they will develop a sp campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Meh. It's just fractured space
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Destraex

I tried it a while back. The tutorial is really great and gets you in the mood for some space battles.
Then you get thrown into matches where you warp into a planets atmosphere and have battles with other space ships just above the ground.
All the maps were like this 6 months ago (but now they have 1 space map) and it just made no sense to me. Like world of warships, these massive star ships were
hiding behind terrain and buildings. Sniping at each other and such. It just seemed ridiculous, a little like mechwarrior... would startships or robots really fight this way or would they be sitting ducks.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

spelk

It is now out of beta, and has been officially launched.

I tend to agree with the grogs on this game. Wish there was a decent single player campaign to play through.

However, the PS4 version (consoles, I know) has an exclusive mode "Havoc" which is kind of a horde mode, wave after wave of survival that lets you take 3 players into a battle against an increasingly harder AI fleet.. so I wrote a bit about it. (Especially since I'm still jazzed up by Battlestar Galactica Deadlock at the moment.)

http://sugarfreegamer.com/unleashing-the-broadside/

I think the PC version has Proving Grounds where you can take a team against other players and AI opponents.. but that is the nearest to the Havoc mode.

It is World of Tanks. Although Fractured Space is a bit more MOBA in its mode of play.