Scourge of War: Waterloo! announced

Started by steve58, March 24, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Reaper. I think I played a battle and walked off... lost it when I came back to my chair. Was able to move to the next one.... I could be wrong.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

maybe they aren't locked after all....I was always trying to play a battle that was labeled as carry over, which I didn't see that text.....so that one is linked to the prior, but seems all others are playable from the start.

Destraex

When I say lost it, I mean I lost the battle. Which may have counted as finishing it at least once.
I do remember though a message when I tried to go higher saying play the other lower ones first.

I have never noticed the "carry over" text either. But really I find the whole game a real arm wrestle atm so it has only been loaded maybe 10 times and I have only finished a few low end scenarios.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Destraex on January 07, 2017, 09:39:16 AM
When I say lost it, I mean I lost the battle. Which may have counted as finishing it at least once.
I do remember though a message when I tried to go higher saying play the other lower ones first.

I have never noticed the "carry over" text either. But really I find the whole game a real arm wrestle atm so it has only been loaded maybe 10 times and I have only finished a few low end scenarios.

yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with the series...absolutely covers battles that I am interested in and love the concept, but when I try playing it, at times just get lost in it.  To be fair I likely haven't put enough time into it to ensure I understand everything....some day I will.

Cyrano

No scenario locks...just checked (embarrassed that I had to).

It's a brilliant game on it's own, but, for those that have a desire to try it, the KS mod played HITS is unique and awesome.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Tuna

If your Waterloo is Steam only and you buy the DLC on Matrix or Slitherine, do they give you a Steam key?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on January 07, 2017, 11:56:39 AM
If your Waterloo is Steam only and you buy the DLC on Matrix or Slitherine, do they give you a Steam key?

You get steam key as well.  But you need to register the game at matrix/slitherine and then after you can redeem to get steam key that works.

Tuna

ahh ok.. I got a key, but it was a regular serial that Steam did not like. I went to my members section and didn't see it, so opened a helpdesk ticket. I will try registering the game and see if that resolves it..Thanks!

Grim.Reaper

You have to go to member section on slitherine site I believe...don't think it can be done on matrix, might be why you didn't see.

Tuna

Registering worked for me Grim, thanks!

HoodedHorseJoe

Matrix have released a Collector's Edition if anyone is interested. Base game  + all three DLCs in one bundle.

I've done some working out of the various discounts etc... and this is what seems to be the situation:

The Collector's Edition is cheaper than buying all the parts individually (naturally), although the CE is about £3.03 cheaper on Steam. Base game is 50% off on both Steam and Matrix store, although it's again cheaper on Steam (£14.99 vs. £20.99).

If you already have some of DLC, then it depends what you need to pick up:

x 1 DLC - cheaper on Steam (£14.99)
x2/3 DLC - cheaper on Matrix Store. List price is £16.99 but they have cross-sales active, so if you buy one DLC full price you get a second and/or third at £11.99.

Worth mentioning that if you buy via Matrix Store you're supposed to get a Steam key you can redeem anyway, as well as access to their direct-download version.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Philippe

I haven't looked today, but when I looked yesterday I could have sworn that it was slightly cheaper to buy from Matrix while their sale lasts. 

But that was in dollars, and things maybe different in sterling (even though Slitherine is a UK company).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.