Bummer, I missed the WOFF UE Christmas sale

Started by em2nought, December 31, 2016, 08:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

em2nought

WOFF UE http://www.overflandersfields.com/ sale must have ended before Dec 31st, bummer.  Not like I've got a PC for it at the moment anyway.  Maybe next time.  Maybe I'll wait til Bloody April, and try Deutschmark's work on Canvas Knights finally.
Stolen elections have consequences.

WallysWorld

Hentzau, they have extended the 25% off sale.

SPECIAL OFFER 25% OFF Digital Download only -
Offer extended for January grab it whilst you can!

Plus they also have a DVD purchase options now for WOFF UE.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

em2nought

Quote from: WallysWorld on January 04, 2017, 10:20:24 AM
Hentzau, they have extended the 25% off sale.

SPECIAL OFFER 25% OFF Digital Download only -
Offer extended for January grab it whilst you can!

Plus they also have a DVD purchase options now for WOFF UE.

Thanks for the heads up.!  I just took advantage of it  yesterday, after having seen your post earlier in the month.

Skoop

Same here, just bought it during the sale.  Woff UE installed without a problem, everything is all included now, I didn't have to fuss with cfs3 at all.  The Woff UE installer did it all for me hassle free, glad I finally jumped in, looking forward to the WWII edition.

Grim.Reaper

Still on the fence myself.....if I hadn't purchased a previous version, would be a no brainer and absolutely would have purchased.  But just struggling spending another $50 on top of the $60 I paid before....just not sure if I would get enough mileage out of it for that kind of investment, even though a great game.  Just haven't heard enough difference from the original core game.

I guess I have until the end of January to decide:)

Greybriar

I haven't played any flight sims for years, but this one looks pretty good to me:

$48.83 for the Wings Over Flanders Fields Ultimate Edition plus you get the music pack and skins pack for free. That doesn't sound like a bad price to me.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Not a bad price if your just purchasing now....but if you bought the previous non ultimate edition, total cost is more in the area of $110.  The base game was good too, just a matter of whether the ultimate edition adds enough for the additional $50.  For some probably no brainer for them, for me not sure if I will play enough to justify that investment.

Regardless, it is a good game

Greybriar

I agree. Previous purchasers should not have to pay full price for the current "ultimate" pack after they have purchased an older "ultimate" pack.

The use of words like "Complete" and "Ultimate" will become inaccurate and should not be used to describe the releases of games that are still in development.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Greybriar on January 21, 2017, 01:37:32 PM
I agree. Previous purchasers should not have to pay full price for the current "ultimate" pack after they have purchased an older "ultimate" pack.

The use of words like "Complete" and "Ultimate" will become inaccurate and should not be used to describe the releases of games that are still in development.

Its not all bad.....the ultimate edition does include all the extra content that was once for sale separately, probably adds up close to the $50 itself.  But for me, I don't really care about the add-ons, I would have preferred an option to just update the core game with the additional features at a much reduced rate.  But I understand niche game and they need to make money so I am not mad at the developers, just for me personally makes a tougher decision.

em2nought

I'd give them $100 if they were making the Spanish Civil War instead of WW2 again.  :bd:

I've almost got it downloaded, now all I have to do is buy a PC that will run it.  Oh, and find my CFS3 disk. lol  Not much different than 1998, I bought Red Baron II, and then I bought a PC. lol

Oh, that game with Gallipoli gameplay footage looks interesting, I might have to get that.  And so it starts again.  Oh, and Toy Soldiers, gotta play the WWI part of that for sure. lol