Main Menu

Recent posts

Computer Gaming / Re: 40k Custodes - Who here ha...
Last post by al_infierno - Yesterday at 12:16:10 PM
I don't get what the big deal is. GW rewrites 40K lore all the time. They completely rewrote Necron lore, so why does it matter if they update one of the factions to have women or whatever?

As for the article, seems like your typical "journalist" looking to rile people up. Life is too short to get angry about dumb stuff like this.
Music, TV, Movies / Re: Civil War
Last post by ArizonaTank - Yesterday at 12:13:12 PM
Saw it with my wife over the weekend.

The story has some tense moments, but overall it just seems to drift. I really can't recommend it.

Maybe when it gets to streaming, and the 1000 other choices you have just don't seem to catch your interest...then you might try it.
Current Events / Re: Russia's War Against Ukrai...
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 11:41:09 AM
'suck as KY brand'  :RockOn:
Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 11:23:15 AM
dear vatniks:

Last post by GDS_Starfury - Yesterday at 11:21:32 AM
it took almost 48 hours for the predictable nuclear threats to start again.   :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1782356481771216935
Last post by Jarhead0331 - Yesterday at 09:23:30 AM
I think there is a place for diversity that fits neatly within the existing lore. For instance, the Salamanders are black. The White Scars are Asian/Mongolian. The Adepta Sororitas are all, of course, women. Many agents within the Officio Assassinorum and Inquisition are women, as are many sanctioned psykers, Rogue Traders and navigators.  This works with the lore without feeling forced or imposed. Once they start changing lore to benefit notions of diversity and inclusion is where you piss people off (no, not just the "neckbeards") and start diluting the lore that is organic and "believable" and that has been developed over many decades at this point. It seems totally unnecessary and forced.

Bad for the entire IP in my view.
Last post by Gusington - Yesterday at 09:17:14 AM
For the record I do not have a neckbeard. But I do love me some 40k. Maybe on a more casual level, but I still do love it.
Beer & Pretzels / Re: Bacon, the alpha and omega...
Last post by W8taminute - Yesterday at 09:04:17 AM
^Wow! That is very nice.  I'll take two please.  :Applause:
Last post by W8taminute - Yesterday at 09:02:35 AM
Infuriating. 

Wokeness revels in making peoples' lives miserable with their pompous virtue signaling.